Nobody Left Behind

"The hell do you mean it's about (y/n)?!" Levi said with a rather panicky voice, "What do you mean she's out here with us?!"

"Levi, I need you to relax." Erwin folded the note before turning to Hanji, "Send out five squads for a search party. Set them for a one mile radius of this area. Have them report back immediately if something comes up. We'll remain here until they return."

Hanji nodded before heading off toward the left hand side of the supply base.

"Wait," Levi grabbed Erwin's sleeve before he could walk away, "When they find (y/n), what happens then? She can't fight for herself and can't properly use ODM gear."

"Well, if we find her, she'll be discharged from the military and sent to live with whatever relatives she has. If none, she'll be sent either to an orphanage, hospital, or prison for acting against a superior's orders at this level."

"What? But that's not fair. Why would she be discharged?"

"Technically, she should've been discharged after her suicide attempt, but since you and Hanji failed to report that to me, you 'saved' her. This time around, she chose to go against superior commands. Leaving the walls without permission is illegal in the first place as well."

"Can't I adopt her or something?"

"You had an affair with her sister. You wouldn't be able to."

"What about becoming her legal guardian?"

"Levi, I'm losing my patience."

Levi opened his mouth to speak, but Erwin was quick to hold up his hand and quiet his friend.

"Just relax. Go meet up with your squad and help them out with restocking. Nothing good will come out of worrying."

Levi muttered a few things under his breath while walking away. Erwin pinched the bridge of his nose before heading back to his planning station.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How you holding up, Armin?" Eren asked as he met up with his friend.

"Tired, nervous, stressed. All the usual. You?"

Eren just smiled and replied with, "Relatable."

Armin opened his mouth to say something, but stopped when something caught his attention. Eren took notice of this.

"What?"

"Nothing," Armin answered, his eyes still scanning the area, "Just thought I saw something."

Eren wasn't convinced, but stayed quiet knowing how much stress his friend was under.

"Look, I gotta go meet up with my squad leader to stock back up on gas. Let me know if you hear anything, good or bad, about (y/n)." 

Eren hesitated for a moment, knowing that Armin wouldn't be able to take the worst news, but eventually agreed.

"I'll meet back up with you at the next stopping point." Armin waved before leaving Eren in his thoughts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Shhh, we have to stay quiet, okay?" you comforted your horse as you stood in the shadows of an abandoned windmill.

You had been watching the formation from a distance, knowing that you'd be recognized if you were to walk over. Being over by the windmill provided you protection from both the countless soldiers, and the titans. All you would have to do is enter through the door that you were lucky to find unlocked. It gave you and your horse enough room to be able to get in without any problems. Inside of it was an empty room with a wooden spiral staircase that went up to the tower of the windmill. Going through the middle of the whole structure was a metal pole that connected to a few gears and other contraptions on the bottom floor. When standing on the ground-level floor you were able to look out of a single, broken and dirty window that looked out toward the rest of the abandoned town. The good thing about the building was that unless it was knocked over by something extremely strong and large, it served as excellent protection from titan attacks.

You had noticed that there were squads that were sent out from different areas of the base. One in particular had begun to head your way. You instructed your horse to take you inside before you could be spotted, and like you had expected, the group had passed you up without a second look.

It had been about a half hour of sitting on the ground of the windmill until you heard the squad returning. Another 15 minutes later and you looked out of the window to see that the entire military brigade had left. 

"Oh no, no, no, no!" 

Panic had set in. You got back on your horse and quickly made your way outside. You kicked your legs into the sides of the horse and set off running in the direction of where the base was. Lucky for you, there were still prints left in the dirt going in the direction you were facing.

"I have nothing to lose." you muttered to yourself as you set off south.