4 Days

"Do you really think that you know what's best for her?!"

"I've spent way more time with her than you have! I've known her since your girlfriend or whatever joined! I'd keep your facts in check if I were you!"

"You're nothing but reckless, air headed, and you can't even go on an expedition without almost getting killed! You don't know how to keep watch over someone!"

"Well at least I have human emotions and aren't the reason that my closest friends are dead!"

Levi was taken aback at Hanji's sudden outburst. Well, it wasn't so much the anger, but what she said. She didn't seem to regret what she said however.

"You have nothing to say, do you?"

"..."

"That's what I thought. Now if you excuse me, I'm going to help Erwin check over the last lists before we can load everything up. Try not to sit here and act too cool for everything for once." and with that, Hanji left the room.

Levi stood in shock. Normally he'd be the one to win the small arguments between him and Hanji, but she decided to cut at the healing scars.

Hanji made her way, not to Erwin's office, but to your infirmary room. She knocked once, knowing well that you'd be awake at four in the evening.

"(y/n)?" Hanji peeked her head inside the room. "Can I come in?"

"Sure."

Hanji walked in to see you and Armin sitting together on your bed with a few books laid out around the two of you.

"Was there something you needed?" you asked in a curious way, not a rude way.

"Yes, but if Levi tells you otherwise, you need to promise me not to listen to him."

"Uhh, okay?"

"I'm serious. He's so set on keeping you in here and not letting you leave until you're fully recovered, while I'm coming in here to sign you out to be an outpatient. The only thing you'd need to worry about then is to just listen to what the doctors order. Am I understood?"

"Yes! Anything to get me out of here!"

Hanji smiled at your response. "Let me go talk to the doctors. When you were first talking to the doctors you asked for my signature, giving me a slight custody over you. Just don't mention that to Levi, or he'll do everything in his power to fix it so your under his watch. I'll be back in a minute."

Once Hanji left the room, Armin turned to you. "She seemed kinda stressed about something. That's never a good sign."

"Do you think? She was probably thinking about the expedition. Hell, even I'm getting stressed about it."

"But you're not going... right..?"

"Fuck."

"Right, but I'm just worried for everyone. I'm worried for you."

Armin gave you a suspicious look, but it left after a few seconds. "Everyone's gonna be fine. I promise."

He pulled you into an attempt at a side hug, which the two of you laughed at.

"I love you. I hope you know that." you mumbled.

He just responded with a peck to the top of your head. "Of course I know. I love you too."

The two of you stayed like that until Hanji came back with one of your doctors.

"Well Ms. (l/n), Squad Leader Hanji wants to pull you from infirmary care, which would mean you would be an outpatient. All we ask of you then is that you stay off your foot as much as possible, and you come to see us every other day."

"Is it really that easy? Sign me up then."

~dinner time skip~

"Levi? Hanji? Are you two okay? You're never this quiet." Erwin asked the two that were sitting farther from each other than normal.

"Everything's just perfect." Levi replied while aggressively stabbing the meat on his plate.

"I'm just trying to think of any experiments I can do on Eren before we leave that won't effect him during the expedition. Oh, did I mention that I signed (y/n) out of the infirmary?"

"You. What?" Levi looked over at Hanji with a glare that could kill if he wanted.

"Did I not tell you? Such a shame. Oh well. Too bad I rank over you making your efforts to put her back in would be useless."

"Do you think that was the smartest move and you didn't let your personal feelings get in the way, Hanji?" Erwin asked, now intrigued by the argument brewing between his friends.

"You don't need to be blind to see that she's not happy not being able to sleep in the bunks with her friends. Hell, since the morning she tried to kill herself, she hasn't slept a full night in the girls' bunks. I think it would be good for her mentality to at least get a few nights in there before we leave. Who knows what could happen to her comrades."

"I see what you're getting at. I'll allow it, as long as you make sure she does what her doctors ordered."

Levi sat, emotionless face, but raging on the inside.

"Sounds like a plan! I'll help her get everything straightened out after she's done eating." Hanji cleaned up her space and carried it to the kitchen.

"You don't seem too happy about our decisions, Levi. Care to explain?"

"Tch." Levi just tipped his teacup to his mouth and averted his eyes from his commander.

~lights out time skip~

"It's nice to have you back in here, (y/n)." Sasha said, hanging from the bed above yours. "It didn't feel the same without you."

"Thanks, I think?" you asked, playfully confused.

"It's a good thing." Krista reassured.

"Well then I'm happy to be back."

After a quick few rounds of truth-or-dare, a knock was heard at the door.

"Lights out, ladies. Sleep well." Petra poked her head inside just to make sure nobody was lying dead on the floor.

"Goodnight, Petra!" everyone called out in near unison.

"Goodnight." she said gently with a smile.

It felt good to be back in your bed.

Then you remembered that it might be one of the last times you would once you snuck off on the expedition.

"Have trust, (y/n)."

"Have trust..."