5 Days

Days until expedition: 5

You woke up to Hanji and Levi talking quietly in the corner of the infirmary room. They didn't seem to know that you were awake, so you just listened.

"Are you sure we should do this?" Levi was questioning Hanji as usual.

"I can't stand her being sad like that anymore. I'll make sure that she's safe with everything. The worst she can probably do is accidentally hurt herself on base. I don't see why you're so worried. She won't be on the expedition. She won't find a way to go. She'll be fine. I promise."

"No. I know she'll find a way. She's related to Maya fucking (l/n). She will find a way to go."

"Oh shit that's right. The expedition. Yeah, sorry Hanji, but I'm going. I never found out when it is, but it must be soon since they're already talking about it."

"You really like being the over protective brother, don't you?" Hanji laughed.

"Yes. I do."

Nobody said anything for a while, so you sat up in your bed. You winced at the pain in your entire lower region.

"Oh, good morning (y/n)! How'd you sleep? Sorry about you getting upset last night." Hanji said, cheerful as usual.

"Everything hurts." you groaned while stretching your arms.

"Everything as in, your ankle?"

"Fuck."

"Yeah. I shouldn't have been walking on it yesterday. Sorry about that."

"So, (y/n), I'm sure you're aware of the upcoming expedition." Hanji stated.

"I mean, I knew there was one coming up, but I don't know when."

"It's in five days. With that injury, you won't be able to go." Levi said bluntly.

"What, what!? That's not fair! I can still fight!"

"(y/n), listen to yourself. You can't walk without limping, your gear is broken, and to top it all off, this is an order from two of your superiors. I suggest you stop arguing unless you want to be restricted from leaving this room until you're cleared." Levi was starting to get furious.

You looked over to Hanji with a shocked look on your face, but she held her head down. Enough was enough. You braced through the pain that shot through your body as you got out of the bed. Your crutches were conveniently placed near the foot of the bed on the floor, so you grabbed them and walked out of the room as fast as you could, despite Levi and Hanji's protests.

Lucky for you, they didn't follow you. All you heard them doing as you left was arguing about whatever they felt they needed to argue over. It was still early, so you made your way to the dining hall.

You opened the door to find the hall full, like it should be. Quickly, you spotted Armin sitting with everyone, like usual. When you walked over, Armin smiled and made room for you next to him. Eren sat across from Armin, who wouldn't make eye contact with you for whatever reason.

"Hey." he smiled at you.

"Hi."

You took the seat next to him and immediately locked your hand with his. He brought you into a side hug, which made your group of friends either fangirl/boy or cringe at the PDA.

"Hanji gave me today off. She said to spend it wisely, so how about you and I spend it together?" he whispered, almost seductively innocent.

"I'd like that. Any ideas?" you whispered back.

"Dunno. Maybe just hang around. Go read in the library. Whatever we feel like."

Armin leaned down for a kiss, which you gladly gave. It was short, sweet, but loving all at the same time. The both of you pulled away after a few seconds, and proceeded to continue your breakfast.

-after lunch time skip-

You and Armin spent the first few hours together reading in the library. Once you finished lunch in the dining hall, you came back into your infirmary room. But one thought lingered in your mind the whole time.

"Why did Hanji give Armin the day off?"

You tried to push them away, and to focus on Armin. The two of you ended up just cuddling and falling asleep, up until dinner. Everything went on as usual. After dinner, you walked back to the infirmary with Armin.

"You know that you didn't need to waste your time walking me here." you broke the comfortable silence.

"I know, but that doesn't mean I didn't want to."

You both smiled at each other. Once you reached your room, you said your goodbyes with a hug and a kiss or two.

As soon as your head hit your pillow you fell asleep. Not exactly the same with Armin, however.

"I still can't figure out why Hanji gave me today off. That is unless... she doesn't think that I'll make it back alive..." those were the thoughts he fell asleep to.