Let The Games Begin

The three of you followed Hanji, Mike, and Levi from the dining hall outside to the large sheds that held the ODM gear. On your way there you let your mind wander. "I wonder why we didn't see anybody else from the 104th in the dining hall. Oh well. Worst case scenario is they miss the first part of the course." you just shrugged to yourself as Hanji unlocked the shed doors.

"Okay guys, grab your gear and head to the stables. I know the woods isn't exactly close to the castle, so why not go by horseback." Hanji said, stepping inside and walking over to where the squad leader's gear rested on the shelves.

Being the "good" little cadets you were, the three of you stepped aside to let Mike and Levi in after Hanji. While they went and grabbed their gear, you Connie and Sasha went to where the cadets kept theirs.

"What are we going to need?" you asked from the shelf that held your gear.

"Well, from what I have planned, I want you guys full on gas. What would you guys say to playing tag in the trees?" she said with her glasses gleaming in the mid-morning sun.

You, Sasha, and Connie looked at her with excited expressions. "Yes!" the three of you said in unision.

She smiled as she turned to where Mike and Levi were getting their gear. "Mike, Levi, I want you guys to take them to the stables and help with the horses. Mike, I want you to stay there to help any cadets that will be coming in late. Levi, you go with them to the forest and wait there. I'll stay here and wait for anyone that's gonna need their gear."

"Sounds good. You brats ready to go?" Levi said as he tried to look over the shelf at the three of you. Emphasis on tried.

It took a lot of effort not to laugh at his struggles. "Y-yes, S-sir." you said shakily.

"Tch. What about you, Mike? You ready?" Mike just nodded as you began to walk out of the shed towards the stables.

Once you reached the stables you could hear Levi getting annoyed with how "dirty" the place was. You walked up to your horse as he got excited when he saw you.

"Good morning, Winter!" you said smiling as you ran your fingers along his soft, white muzzle. After a few seconds you walked into his stable to put on his saddle and reins.

You lead him by his reins out of his stable and hopped on once you closed his gate. You walked him over to where Mike was helping Levi onto his horse. Watching Levi struggle was a once in a lifetime opportunity and you sure as hell weren't going to miss it.

"The show's over brat." Levi suddenly said. You didn't realize you were staring.

"Oh, uh, sorry Sir."

"Tch. Blouse, Springer, [l/n], ready to leave for the forest?"

"Yes, Sir!" Connie and Sasha said as they started galloping away.

"Hey! Hey! Brats, get back here!" Levi tried yelling at them. You just laughed to yourself as he did this. "Something funny, [y/n]?"

"No, Sir." you said quickly putting on your best Levi face.

"Alright, Mike, I'll see you whenever Shitty Glasses decides to round up the last of the cadets that'll be doing this." Mike just nodded.

Levi trotted off in front of you, so you just had your horse follow his as it was way easier. After a good minute he slowed up so you were riding side by side.

"So, why did you do it?" he asked while looking forward.

Trying to play dumb you just said, "Do what?"

"You dumb little- no, no. Shitty Glasses said to try to be nice to you. You know exactly what I mean." now he was making eye contact with you, and not letting you look away.