Experiments

"Levi? Hanji?" Erwin called out.

They all acted on instinct. Armin picked you up out of the bed bridal style. Hanji grabbed her notes. The steps were getting closer to the bottom.

"Armin, take her to one of the storage closets. And stay quiet." Levi said in a whisper.

Armin nodded and took you to the nearest one, barely making it before he heard Erwin's voice at the bottom of the stairway.

"Hanji, Levi, what are you two doing down here?"

"Nothing Erwin. Why do you ask?" Hanji said as if nothing was bothering her.

"Well obviously you were doing something." Erwin eyed the unkept cell behind the squad leaders. They took notice of this and stepped out of his way as he walked forward. He bent down and picked up one of the notes Hanji missed. He read it, then looked at the visibly on edge soldiers.

"So," Erwin's voice echoed across the basement, "I see that you are running some sort of tests on Cadet [y/n] [l/n]. What's that about?"

Hanji was good at thinking on her feet, even if the answer didn't make sense, with that being her personality and all.

"I wanted to see if she was a shifter like Eren."

Armin noticed that you tried to shift your weight in his arms as he sat down on the ground. You slowly opened your eyes that showed just tiredness.

"A-armin? W-wha-" he cut you off with a look in his eyes of pure terror. You started getting scared yourself. Sensing this, he brought you closer to his body.

"What would make you think she is like Eren, Hanji?" Erwin questioned.

"Well, her fighting skills and stamina are amazing, but I've also noticed that she recovers from injuries very quickly." her voice got serious as if she was seriously considering the possibility of another shifter.

As you heard this you started to feel bad. Yes you were a good fighter with amazing stamina, but you didn't recover from your injuries like she thought. You just pushed through the pain, as you were expected to do, but you did it an unhealthy number of times. Sometimes so bad, you worried the higher ups that were in charge of training.

"Have there been any signs besides those to prove?"

"I was just about to go get her. I sent her and Armin to the library while I looked over the results and told them that I would get them when I was done in case I needed anything else from them."

"And the results are?"

"That's the thing. I'm not able to tell for some reason. I might need to run a few tests tomorrow."

"I see. Should I go get them for you?"

"No, no . Levi and I were just finishing up since dinner is being served."

"Alright. I'll see you two upstairs then." Erwin turned and left.

You were now cradled in Armin's lap on the floor, looking at him with a drowsy expression.

"[y/n], before this morning, how long would you sleep at night?" Armin asked curiously, but with a hint of worry in his voice.

"Around three and a half. If I was lucky, four hours." you replied ashamed knowing he would scold you, but he didn't. Instead he brought you into a hug.

The two of you sat like that for a good minute. After you realized that you were sitting on him, you stood up. Or at least tried to. You stumbled out of his grasp, your legs not being able to support you, and with a crash louder than the wall being broken, you slammed your face into the storage closet door.