Sugilite Part Two: The Oracle

"What does that mean?" Steven demands, gripping his blade.

"I think Lapis told you in most futures," Sapphire replies, "I'm a Sapphire. Sapphires are oracles."

"Well," Steven demands, pointing his sword at Sapphire, "tell me, what do you see in my future?"

"I can't see the future," Sapphire explains, "I see possible futures, options, pathways. Time isn't a strait line, it's like a flowing river. It splits off, pools into lakes, has waterfalls, and rapids, I use my future vision to steer time to the best outcome I can."

"Then you see," Steven glares, "that if you don't answer my questions, you'll be bubbled."

Sapphire stops for a moment to look into futures.

"Yeah," she replies, "seems about right."

"First question," Steven demands, "are there any other Crystal Gems I should know about?"

"No," Sapphire replies, "you've met all of us, even Rose."

"What does that mean?" Steven demands.

"You wouldn't believe me if I told you," Sapphire replies.

"Second question," Steven continues, "why did you attack my friends?"

"They would have shot first," Sapphire replies, "remember how they reacted to Bismuth? First solution was to shatter. At least for Rose, it was a last resort. Your friends, your family, they shatter first, ask questions later."

"One more question," Steven glares, "why shouldn't I just bubble you again, right now?"

Sapphire smirks, throughout the conversation, she's been looking at futures, and has learned Amethyst, Pearl, and Ruby are bubbled in The Temple. She would tell Greg, but even if they fail, Marty will be arriving sooner or later anyways, and time is of the essence. When she flees, she has to be quick. She needs to fuse into Garnet, and if she can, Alexandrite.

"Cause you'll never catch me," Sapphire smirks. Sapphire dashes towards the warp pad. Lion leaps in Sapphire's way and roars, blasting at Sapphire with waves of pink energy. Sapphire avoids the blast and leaps off of Lion's nose.

Steven chases after her with his blade. He slashes at Sapphire, desperate to stop her from hurting the gems. Sapphire avoids each slash with ease, easily out maneuvering Steven with her speed, and our smarting him with her future vision.

She steps onto the warp.

"Well," she smiles, "guess we're done here. Oh, and before you ask about the gem that split, gems have a certain... let's call it a gift. Gems can fuse with each other by dancing. You could too if you really wanted. That's what the gem that split Steven, was a fusion. I was half of that gem. Now, I'm off to find her other half. Listen, the others... don't like fusion. They will say bad things about it. No matter what they say, remember this, fusion is special, it is not a weapon. It's more of an emotional thing. Do not let them lie to you. If you believe only one thing I say..."

Sapphire moves her hair, and looks Steven in the eye with her one eye.

"Then believe that," she finishes.

Looking Sapphire in the eye, Steven can tell she's telling the truth.

"Fine," Steven sighs, "now, back in the bubble!"

Steven lunges at Sapphire, but she warps away. Steven panics. He has to warn the others! Steven steps on the warp and warps back to the house, mid warp, he hides the blade in his backpack, he can't let the others know he has it. He arrives back at the house. Nobody's home. Steven then realises, how is he supposed to explain Sapphire not being shattered? He realizes that he can't let them find out about Sapphire, at least, not from him. Steven sighs, he has no choice but to bide his time...