Talk to Me

Steven and Spinel unfused, Steven exhausted as the warp stream closed. He limped towards his room as Spinel asked, "Hey, bro... are you OK?"

"Doesn't matter," Steven replied, "We keep going, "I'm going to bed. You can hangout at the Garden or chill here."

"Alright," Spinel replied.

Spinel sat outside and looked at the stars as she thought aloud, "I see Steven's thoughts when we're fused. He's not OK and the physical tole of our escapades aren't helping matters. I need him to talk to someone..."

Spinel noticed Steven's phone sitting inside by the sleeping teen and she, from outside the house, extended her arm like rubber to grab it and spoke, "Hello?"

The person on the other end replied.

"So you wanna hangout tomorrow?" Spinel inquired.

The voice on the other end responded once more.

"Wonderful!" Spinel exclaimed, "See you tomorrow afternoon!"

Spinel hung up and sighed, "You need to talk to your friends and family Steven. Especially her given how you think of her..."

The next day there was a knock on the door as Steven and Spinel discussed while watching T.V..

Spinel inquired, "So our forces are growing but how do we get to Yellow Diamond?"

Steven explained, "Well the only real Gem in our way is Emerald and her forces. We take our Emerald and we're home free..."

Connie knocked on the door, to which Steven looked out the window and panicked, "Crap! Why is she here!?!"

Steven checked his phone to see a call to Connie in his call history and glared at Spinel. Spinel defended herself, "Woah don't get mad at me! You're the one pushing yourself half to death! I know you organics aren't like us! I'm not stupid Steven."

Steven sighed and answered the door, "Hey Connie. Good to see you but I'm a little busy and-"

"Where have you even been?" Connie demanded, "I haven't heard from you in a month! No texts, no calls. I've been worried sick!"

"Oh I've just been busy with... stuff," Steven brushed off the question, "Now I really gotta-"

Connie added, "No. OK? I'm worried about you! You're still not in therapy, and now I see you're covered in bruises? What's really going on?"

"I said nothing," Steven glared, "I'll see you later."

Steven shut the door and sighed, sitting down.

"Why not just..." Spinel asked, "Talk to her?"

"Because I've been lying to her about the rebellion," Steven sighed, "I can't let her know the truth and have her get hurt."

"So..." Spinel asked, "Exactaly... what Pearl did?"

Steven fell silent for a moment in realization of his horrid mistake.

"Excuse me," he requested getting up. Steven went outside to see Connie starting to leave as he called out, "Hold up!"

Steven jumped down and floated safely to the ground as he caught his breath, "Wait. OK. I'll tell you the truth."

"So what's the deal?" Connie asked.

"I'm leading a rebellion in space and Rose and Pink Diamond are the same person, Pearl lied, I bubbled Amethyst, Spinel is helping me, Buck died and is now gonna live for several hundred years, I still have no idea if Gems have an afterlife, and mom is corrupted!"

Steven began to cry halfway through this as the weight of these recent events came crashing down on him and crushed him under a psychological avalanche.

"Woah Steven easy," Connie requested, "It's gonna be OK. Just... I'm sorry I'm a little lost. What's going on?"

"I'll show you," Steven replied as he collected himself.

Connie was shocked to see the Garden, now restored and filled with Gems of all shapes and sizes, including the now freed Rose Quartz Gems from the Zoo. Above all of it was countless bubbled Gems including Amethyst.

"This is..." Connie explained.

Chrysoprase explained, "Amethyst is bubbled up there, and we have been leading a Rebellion against Homeworld for a month. To avenge Jasper, who as you can see..."

The corrupted Gem bounced around, snapping at a yellow butterfly.

"We are going to shatter Yellow Diamond," Crysoprase elaborated, "We need only bubble Emerald and Homeworld will be just a week away.:

"Wait you haven't-" Connie demanded.

"Look above," Crysoprase elaborated, "We only seek to shatter Yellow. The rest are victims whom shall be unbubbled when their oppressor is gone. We don't shatter, Connie. These are the very people we seek to free. We have no reason to shatter them. We are going after Emerald tonight, so, please, stay safe. We'll be OK but, I don't want you getting hurt."

"Steven you need therapy," Connie replied, "And I'll be here for you until Yellow falls, but if you shatter here I'm gone. Actually, both of you need therapy I'll be here for you until then but..."

Connie glared, "I don't associate with murderers."

Crysoprase shurgged, "I'll keep that in mind. I'll warp you back. It was great seeing you."

"Great seeing you too," Connie sighed, "I'll see you later."

Crysoprase activated the Warp Pad which took Connie back to Earth as the two halves spoke to each other.

"Is this really the right thing?" Spinel asked.

"Do we have a choice?" Steven demanded.

"We're already at the end," Spinel pleaded, "Why not just poof her?"

"I need to think," Steven sighed, "But either way we need to reach Homeworld so for now we march on."

Crysoprase inquired to Pheonix, who was looking over battle plans and books about that contain info on the supplies they have as Pheonix thought aloud, "We've seen more mutiny from the enemy to our side than actual resistance. Man Jasper really was a big hero in Yellow Diamond's court. We've been handed so many troops and ships that if we can get past Emerald this war will already be over."

"Is it ready?" Chrysoprase asked.

"Oh yes ready when you are," Pheonix replied.

"And..." Crysoprase asked, "How is Jasper?"

Skins and Shorty overheard and entered, Shorty explaining, "Oh we've  been keeping an eye on her. She seems at least sane enough to not attack us but she's really not all there..."

Crysoprase sighed, "Curse Yellow Diamond..."

Crysoprase collected herself and ordered, "Prepare my ship. It's time we begin the end."