The Zoo Part Four: Disobey

Jasper exits her ship, only to be greeted by Holly. "Oh Jasper!" Holy Blue exclaims, "this is a pleasant surprise! What about your mission down on-"

"Where-" Jasper demands, catching her breath from the sheer exhaustion of the stress of the situation, "where is the human? Where's Steven?"

"Steven?" Holly inquires, "I don't know-"

"Don't lie to me Holly!" Jasper demands, "where is he!?!"

"Jas!" A voice exclaims, as a skinny looking Jasper approaches Jasper joyfully.

"Skins!" Jasper smiles, "how are the others?"

"We're all good Sis! Betas for life!" Skins smiles back

"I need your help," Jasper explains, "I'm on a mission for Yellow, and the human I have to keep an eye on was kidnapped by an Aquamarine."

"So that's why my Diamond-" Holly cuts herself off.

"Talk!" Jasper grabs Holly and slams her into the wall, "where are they!?!"

"Jas!" Skins pleads, "calm down! Blue is gonna shatter-"

"Yellow said ANY means," Jasper replies, "and that's what I'm gonna do."

"What's with all the ruckus?" A short Carnelian inquires entering the bay before seeing Jasper.

"Jas!" She exclaims, rushing over to her, "big sis!"

"Shorty!" Jasper's face is simply beaming as she hugs the short, defective soldier, "good to see you!"

Jasper drops Holly to hug Shorty.

Holly gets up and prepares to whip Jasper, but Jasper turns and glares, "I could have you shattered Holly."

Holly growls but obeys. "Fine," she glares, "but I can't disobey Blue. You'll have to find Steven on your own."

"You guys willing to help?" Jasper asks.

"Hell yeah sis!" Skinny exclaims.

"Who's Steven?" Shorty asks.

"Steven," Jasper chuckles, "where to start? First of all, he's my best friend..."

Steven and Connie reconvene in a secluded part of the overgrowth.

"Find anything?" Connie asks.

Steven shakes his head. "You?"

"I did find a door," Connie explains, "but it looks like it only opens from the outside."

"So what do we do?" Steven asks.

"Well," Connie explains, "WE can't do anything. What we probably have to do is do something to freak out whoever is running this place, appear a security risk, and while we can't do that..."

Connie extends her arm, offering her hand, "Stevonnie would make them lose their minds..."

The next thing that Jasper, Skinny, and Shorty hear is alarms.

"We have a Rose Quartz loose in the Zoo! Not THE Rose Quartz, but a Rose Quartz! All soldiers protect the humans!"

"Steven!" Jasper exclaims.

"Follow me," Shorty demands, "I know where she is..."

Stevonnie stabs a quartz soldier, poofing her as the fusion dashes down the hall, alarms blaring, ringing in their ears. Blue Pearl stands frozen in place, consumed by fear. She thinks about humans and Earth and things about the planet she's overheard from Steven's discussions with Blue Diamond. She wonders what it would be like. She had heard Steven, once or twice, mention others gems, happy on Earth. She wonders...

If she can disobey.

That's when Stevonnie arrives. Panicked, Blue Pearl instinctively, for the first time, summons a weapon, something she has never done before, never having to try before.

Her weapon, is an elegant, light blue rapier with a tip sharp enough to pierce even the strongest armor, and a handle decorated with engravings of waves.

Stevonnie holds their shield as they turn to look at Blue Pearl. Jasper turns the corner with Skinny and Shorty. Before anyone can do or say anything, Jasper roars, with such a wrath that Steven has never seen, the wrath Lapis has been protecting him from.

"Roooooossssseeee!" The cry shatters the Heavens like a glass ceiling, shaking Stevonnie to their core. Skinny, Shorty, and Jasper charge at Stevonnie, who throws their shield at Shorty, poofing her with ease.

Skinny is faster than Jasper, and leaps at Stevonnie, who conjures another shield just in time to bash Skinny in the face, poofing her.

Jasper however, is more prepared, and summons her helmet, forcing Stevonnie to block at the last second, pushing her back. Blue Pearl is shaking at this point, uncertain what to do.

"Pearl!" Jasper demands, "assist me!"

"Blue wait!" Stevonnie pleads, "we know a place! A place where you can live like anyone else, more than a pearl! Earth. You can live amongst the humans. You can be happy. Join me Blue Pearl!"

Pearl is to overwhelmed for a moment and tenses.

"I..." Blue Pearl grips her sword. "I..."

"Snap out of it Pearl and do you duty!" Jasper roars, "shatter her with me!"

"I'm sorry..." Blue Pearl sighs, "I... I choose..."

Blue Pearl grips her blade.

"To disobey!" Blue Pearl lunges at Jasper, the thought of freedom enough to fill the gem with the will to face a titan. To face Jasper herself...