Judgement Day (Finale+Author's Notes)

0 days until Judgement Day.

Judgement awakens today.

Part One: Half Way to Corruption

Purple light. The light of a Devil. A weapon to consume False Gods. Of Judgement. It shines from the jungle moon.

Countless voices speak in synch, "Is it time?..."

Skins smirked, "Yes... it's Judgement Day."

Steven snapped awake from nightmare, the same he had been having. His body recoiled and morphed, corruption approached the brink of his conscious mind. Madness begun to take hold and one more straw would break the camel's back.

There was a knock on the door.

Connie didn't get a response at first. She looked at her phone to see a series of texts from Spinel expressing concern for Steven's well being. Texts which she had forwarded to Lapis and Jasper along with the rest of Steven's family still in Beach City. However, Jasper, Lapis, Greg, and Connie are the only ones to arrive, as not to overwhelm Steven.

Connie is the first to enter, "Hey Steven."

Steven greets her, "Oh hey Connie. Can we talk for a second?"

"Yeah actually we need to talk about-" Connie began before Steven interrupted desperately.

"I need mental help," he explained, "I can't hide it anymore or I'm going to corrupt and hurt the people I love. I know how Jasper corrupting was hard for me and I can't put that on my family. Yes I know that's a martyr complex way to look at it but Spinel talked to me yesterday and I can't keep up like this? You mentioned a therapist that specializes in the supernatural? That won't label me crazy with the Gem stuff?"

Connie nodded, "Yeah over in California."

Steven nodded, "Give me their info. I need to go talk to Greg, Jasper, and Lapis about this and make an appointment."

The three outside realize that Steven has realized he needed help. This was not reached alone, but with the help of Spinel, Connie, and the rest of his family. They're proud of him and knock on the door, ready to offer emotional support. Greg hugs Steven, who hugs him back.

"You overheard didn't you?" Steven asked.

Greg silently nodded.

Steven smiled at them, "Thank you, not just you four, but all my friends and family. Without you I would've gone off the deep end a while ago. As long as nothing else happens, everything is going to be fine..."

Something else is about to happen!

Skins walked down the hall, ravaged, alarms blared as Skins casually approached. Skins smiled with, in her eyes, genuine kindness to the escapes as she blocked the warp.

"Emerald! Phoenix!" She exclaimed happily, "As happy as I am to see you two unbubled you're a couple of hours early. Shorty? Care to explain?"

"We can't go through with this," Shorty explained, "Not only are countless Gems opposed and could be hurt, but also the Diamonds are still Gems! We're going to warn the Diamonds. This is wrong. It doesn't matter how wicked a life is a life!"

"And how many lives were lost?" Skins retorted, "How many corrupted Gems did our dear sister alone shatter on their orders?"

"Orders they were ordered to give on White's order!" Emerald retorted, "If you hate the Diamonds, then shouldn't you hate Jasper too?"

"Jasper had no choice!" Skins retorted, angered at this exposed hypocrisy, "And even so, they are false Gods. Idols of worship! There is no God or higher power! Such views can only lead to evil!"