Corrupted

"It's time to go," Blue Zircon explained to Jasper, "You... you sure you can make it?"

Jasper snarled, massive fangs now growing from her lower jaw, her hair far longer and tangled, her body covered in a spreading red and green pattern, horns beginning to form, and her left eye glowing. Worst of all was...

Tears.

Tears streamed down her face.

"Phoenix..." she pleaded, slamming her fist into the ground as it turned into a paw, "Please... you have to... poof me..."

"Jasper!" Phoenix pleaded, "Please! Hold on! You're almost home! You're my best friend! Just hold on!"

"I can't," Jasper wept, slamming a massive, oversized fist into the ground, "I... my... son... Ste... ven... where... son...?"

Phoenix took a deep breath and grabbed a Gem Destabilizer, "I'm sorry. I'll protect him."

As Jasper fully corrupted she screamed in a feral roar, "Sonnnnn!"

...

Steven and Spinel nervously discuss matters as Amethyst entered.

Steven asked just prior, "You sure about this?"

Spinel nodded, "You love your family still, do you not?"

"Yeah, all of em. From Bismuth to Lapis," Steven sighed, "But..."

"Do you trust me? Bro?" Spinel asked.

Steven nodded.

"Then trust Amethyst," Spinel smiled, "It'll be OK."

Amethyst entered Fish Stew Pizza from the cold, intense, and unfeeling blizzard outside. Cold snow and hail bombarded Beach City, but it was not a soothing, peaceful cold, it was violent and malicious, much like the barrage on the psyche Steven would soon endure.

Amethyst saw the duo and sat down, silent, unsure what to say as she asked, "So... what's going on here guys?"

"First," Spinel explained, "Great to see you again. Second... Steven it's your... well she's biologically related to you so..."

Steven nodded and turned to Amethyst as he offered a slice of pizza that the Gem ate in a single bite, "So long story short, Rose Quartz and Pink Diamond? Same person. Pearl knows this, and has been lying to all of us. I think we all still love Pearl as our family but you're the only Hem aside from Spinel I trust. I've been hiding Spinel in my pocket for three months, and you're the only Gem we've told because Spinel insisted we tell you."

Amethyst fell silent and gazed into the pizza at the center of the table, deep in contemplation. About a minute went by before she asked, "So... can you talk to me now then?"

"What?" Steven inquired, confused as he explained, "I expected a betrayl of some sort here. He he."

Steven gave an awkward chuckle. Amethyst however, spoke sternly yet compassionately with deep concern, "Steven, you are deeply mentally ill, suffering from mood swings, don't talk to anyone save for Connie, the other humans, and Spinel, and are growing worse by the day."

Steven shook his head, "I know but... mom has to get home soon. She'll know what to do. I would just... feel better if she was here to help me confront everyone. I do love my family but... I can't... trust them. Not without her. Just... I need help. From her, and from a professional."

Amethyst shook her head, "I know it's hard but if you just..."

That's when she arrived. A cry in the center of the city, heard across the beachside town. A ship, blue in color, sat outside the city, unknown to the Gems who fought off a feral and enraged creature. Garnet was poofed before back up arrived.