Sugilite Part Three: Call Me Stevonnie

Sapphire arrives in The Temple. She uses her future vision to find the bubbles where the others are and pops their bubbles. Ruby is the first to reform.

"Ruby!" Sapphire exclaims, hugging her.

"Sapphire!" Ruby cries tears of joy, "heh, never thought you'd be saving your own guard huh?"

The two laugh and fuse. Amethyst reforms. Pearl though, she doesn't reform. Garnet checks many futures, and doesn't see one where Pearl reforms anytime soon.

"Listen," Garnet explains, "here's our plan. We need to get Steven back, so, we go outside, fuse, and head to Ocean Town."

"Wait," Amethyst asks, "you don't mean..."

"Yes," Garnet replies, "we need Sugilite..."

Meanwhile, Connie arrives in Ocean Town. The gems are still gone, Lapis has yet to return. It's just Steven and Connie on the beach.

"Steven!" Connie waves, smiling.

"Connie!" Steven replies rushing to her, "you have to go! Now!"

"I just got here," Connie replies, "what's wrong?"

"There's some bad gems," Steven replies, "one of them escaped their bubble, and they're gonna come back here. You have to go before they arrive."

"How did this happen?" Connie asks.

"There's no time to explain," Steven replies, "I'll just call you when it's safe."

"Steven," Connie sighs, "you don't need to worry about me. To be honest, I'm more worried about you."

"What do you mean?" Steven asks.

"I mean," Connie replies, "you always try to do everything alone. Why do you do that? You have the gems, so why do you try to work alone?"

"There's some things the gems can't know," Steven explains, "see, there's this group, the Crystal Gems, they keep trying to kill me and my family. There's also Rose, Rose Quartz, this sword is her sword."

Steven hands Connie the blade so she can examine it.

"Now," Steven continues, "everyone knows Rose Quartz was evil, but, then I found this."

Steven shows Connie the tape.

"It's from Rose," Steven continues, "and I need to know what's on it without the gems finding out, and don't even get me started on everything else. The sheild, the bubbles, most of them don't know. Jasper knows nothing, Peridot knows a little, and Lapis is the only one who has any real idea, but even she doesn't know about the tape."

"Wow," Connie replies, "I'm sorry that you have to deal with that."

"It's fine," Steven replies, "it's not like you can do anything anyways."

"Steven," Connie asks, "are you gonna be OK?"

There are screams from the boardwalk as a massive purple gem approaches.

"Oh no!" Steven exclaims, "that's bad! Connie! Run!"

Steven summons his shield and dashes at the massive gem.

"Steven wait!" Connie yells, chasing after him.

Steven stops as citizens flee from Sugilite.

"Kid!" A citizen yells, "listien, you can't beat that thing! Run!"

"It's here for me," Steven replies, "don't worry about me. If I don't make it, just know... I appriacate you guys accepting me these last few weeks."