Opal Part Two: Let's Fuse

"Hey Steven," Connie greets Steven as he walks down the boardwalk to the arcade, "what's up?"

"Not much," Steven smiles, "hey why'd you let me fall asleep?"

Connie doesn't even have to speak but only offer a slight leer.

"I hear it now," Steven sighs.

"Yeah," Connie replies, "hey how's the new gem?"

"I dunno," Steven shrugs, "she seems to be adapting OK overall. I should hang out with her more. I'm worried Jasper won't be nice to a Pearl like her you know? We don't know much about Homeworld but I think Pearls are like servants or something."

"Yeah I get that," Connie replies, "well we could always just check on her. I'd love to learn more about Homeworld culture and stuff."

"Oh right," Steven replies, "you study that stuff. It's been a while since I've asked but have you found anything interesting?"

"Not really," Connie sighs, "that's why I wanna ask the Pearl. I'm at a dead end."

"Well I'm sure she'll talk," Steven smiles, "let's go find her..."

Sea avoids an arrow from Opal who, with her extra arms, holds two spears to block Sea's rapier as the light constructs clang against one another.

"Give up," Opal sighs, "we're a fusion. You don't stand a chance."

Sea doesn't respond and ducks under an arrow, sliding forward on the wet sand, skidding on the shallow water's surface to stab the bow, shattering it.

Opal, annoyed, summons another bow. Jasper struggles to reform as quickly as she can is consumed by a fear of Sea, or worse still, Steven, getting hurt. Of all the days for Peridot and Lapis to be out chasing a corrupt gem...

Steven and Connie approach and upon seeing Opal Steven prepares to attack. However, Connie points to the half formed Jasper, warning Steven to stop forming his shield. Jasper reforms and spots Steven.

"Steven!" Jasper exclaims, "run!"

Opal turns and grabs Steven, smirking, "well that's all I had to do here. Bye."

Opal begins to flee, forcing Sea, Connie, and Jasper to give chase. However, Opal is to fast to catch, and to strong for Steven to escape from.

"Curse that fusion!" Sea exclaims, "we can't keep up!"

"Think!" Connie exclaims, "she's got Steven! What do we do? If we could just fight fire with fire..."

Jasper takes a deep breath and turns to Sea. She is filled with a fear or rejection because she wants to be closer to Sea. She wants to have someone she can be close to. She wants...

"Sea," she hides her nervousness as she extends her arm, "fuse with me."

"What?" Sea asks, "but we're different gems. On Homeworld-"

"It's for Steven," Jasper sighs, "and Homeworld will never know. Because this is Earth. It's not Homeworld. We're free here. Do you trust me Sea?"

Sea takes a deep breath and smiles, "of course."

"I'm gonna step back," Connie comments stepping back, but going a but further than necessary, and further still...

The duo don't realize she's gone and with Rose's sword, attacks Opal, who is one step ahead. However the distraction is enough as Connie makes sure Jasper doesn't see the sword.

The dance is an elegant waltz at first, each holding her partner gently, reflecting Sea's withdrawn nature, but the dance becomes more forward and takes a moshpit vibe as Jasper's personality shines through as the duo slowly melt into one being.

The new gem is tall with four arms, each of them thick and strong, light orange skin, short white hair, an outfit like a wrestler's uniform, two powerful legs capable of jumping to the point one would think the fusion can soar through the air and her weapon is drawn at the ready. A helmet like Jasper's with Sea's blade as a horn, almost like a unicorn. The weapon has adopted the lighter shade of orange and is sharp enough to pierce anything it comes across.

The fusion dashes at a speed that shatters the street beneath her and makes her appear almost a blur to any onlookers, forcing Connie to leap out of the way and hide the blade as she turns the corner and tackles Opal. Opal drops Steven but keeps her balance, sliding back.

"What are you?" She demands.

"I'm Tourmaline," the fusion glares, "and I'm here to shatter you..."