Emerald

The green Gem kneeled before her diamond as the screen bathed the room in a yellow light. Yellow Diamond spoke to her distantly, dismissive and uncaring, "I want that fusion to die. I want the rebels to die. Do you understand?"

"We are facing mass mutiny," Emerald pleaded, "I don't have the forces to-"

The Diamond glared and the Gem fell silent before saluting and replying, "Yes my Diamond."

The signal ended. Emerald sat in her chair, alone in the dim light of the ship. She gripped her chair with such force, such anger, the rocky material cracked in her hands.

"I can't take this," Emerald muttered, "I can't take much more of this..."

Chrysoprase ordered her troops, riding Jasper as a steed in the Garden, "OK listen up! We are close to Homeworld! This is the final push! When must breach the enemy line to Emerald's ship! Quartz soliders are strong, but those under Homeworld's banner will not fight without a leader! Not only is this our advantage but it also shows the insecurity and pain our foes cause to our Gem brethren! Shatter the Diamonds! Polish the Quartz!"

"Shatter the Diamonds!" The army echoed, "Polish the Quartz!"

Chrysoprase's halves spoke to each other inside their head.

"Is that really the best mantra?" Steven asked.

"What do you mean?" Spinel inquired to the other half of the fusion internally, "We wanna shatter Yellow and let the oppressed rise up. I think it captures it pretty well."

"But do we really wanna..." Steven sighed.

"Connie on our mind I see," Spinel commented, "I have no strong feelings either way bro. It's up to you."

Chrysoprase shook their head as Steven replied, "Let's just cross that bridge when we get there."

The duo then got onto a ship and prepared for battle...

Emerald's forces flew through space, firing at the rebellion as Emerald shouted orders, "Taking out the rebels means nothing! Which ship has that accursed fusion!?!"

A pearl replied to her, "We don't know. They all use the same ship so we can't track their leader."

"Wait is that ship charging right at us?" Emerald asked.

A ship shattered the front windshield of the ship, latching on with hooks as sirens blared from Emerald's ship. In the chaos, two quartz soldiers dashed forward and poofed Emerald's guards as a third blue Gem manned the ship. When the dust cleared Emerald stood face to face with the fusion, who smiled and removed their hat as they bowed, "A pleasure to finally meet Emerald."

The fusion stretched its arm across the room to shake hands with Emerald, To which Emerald complied as she collected herself and summoned her weapon, a lance as the fusion took their cane and began to tap dance over to her.

"We don't have to fight," Crysoprase explained, "You can call off your forces and surrender now."

"I have my orders," Emerald glared, "Is this how you face me Crysoprase? Outmanned? Without honor?"

"If honorable combat is what you want," Crysoprase grinned, "So be it. Pheonix, Shorty, and Skins, hold Jasper."

The corrupted Gem whined behind the fusion who comforted her, "I'll be OK mom, but a duel should be honest, and I admire honesty above all else."

The fusion twirled their cane with a smile and did a little dance before the case extended into a scythe. Emerald too summoned her weapon, a massive green mace with a spiked head, more like a warhammer than a mace in size.