Frustrated (Marquis de Lafayette x Reader)

[Modern! AU]
WARNING: mentions of sin, slight feels, cliché crap, flirting, slight Lams, drunkness/alcohol
Word Count: 1523

   You laughed loudly as your friend cracked a stupid joke about intercourse and horses. You were about two shots in, and you could already feel the alcohol getting into your system.

   You were with your friends John Laurens, Hercules Mulligan, Alexander Hamilton, and Marie-Joseph Paul Yves Roch Gilbert du Motier Marquis de Lafayette, or as he liked to be called, Lafayette, at a local bar, and all of you had had at least two shots of alcohol by now. John, being the natural drinker he is, was downing his fifth shot because of a stupid bet between himself and Hamilton, who was also currently swallowing his fifth shot, about who could drink a shot faster. Hercules was on his third shot, and he was telling stupid jokes for you and Lafayette to crack up at. Lafayette, who was just now taking his second shot from the shot tray that was in the middle of the table (don't judge idk how this bar crap works), grinned at you as Hercules made a pun about the revolution.

   The bandana-clad man beamed at you, clearly proud of himself for making you laugh for what was probably the hundredth time that night. "Hey Y/N, guess what?!"

"What is it, Herc?"

"You look amazing tonight!" he said, giving you a playful but flirtatious wink.

You giggled at his silliness. You had always been closest with Hercules. You knew that you both were best friends and play-flirted all the time, but it was never serious. You and Mulligan were only bests friends, nothing more. "Thank you, Hercules." You knew he said it probably just because of the alcohol you all were drinking, despite the play-flirting.

Lafayette faked a cough and abruptly stood. You noticed he was unclenching his fists. "Excuse me, mes amies." He walked away from the table, muttering something in French.

You exchanged a knowing glance with Hercules, having a silent conversation with your eyes.

What's up with him?

He's jealous, Y/N.

Oh. You blushed slightly. He doesn't seem like the type to get jealous.

He doesn't, I know, but he can be that way. He grabbed another shot and downed it, setting the glass down and wiping his mouth with hishoodie sleeve. You should probably talk to him.

What if I make it worse, Hercules? You messed with a free strand of your hair. I don't wanna anger him any further. Besides, he knows we play-flirt a lot.

He hasn't seen it a lot. Hercules grabbed your hands and took them in his, giving you a pleading look. Please Y/N, just talk to him. Honestly, it would probably make him feel better that you cared enough to apologize. Even though it was my fault, of course.

But it's just because we're all kinda drunk. you reasoned, biting your lip.

It won't stop Laf from being jealous.

But Herc-

Go. The stern and concerned look in his eyes was enough to convince you.

You glanced at John and Alex, then back at Hercules. Are you sure?

Hercules gave you a nod, releasing your hands and turning to watch Alex and John.

You got up with a quiet sigh and ran out in search of Marquis. Since the building was on a street corner, you decided to go ahead and check around the corner.