Anniversary pt. 2 (Thomas Jefferson x Reader)

Originally, I wasn't planning on a part two. But, because of you guys requesting it, I decided to do it! So here you go!

Also, sorry for not posting Wednesday! I didn't have wifi!

[Modern! AU] (cuz I can't have enough)
WARNING: cursing, adorableness, children, slight feels??
Word Count: 914

   You smiled as your four year-old daughter D/N ran to the playground in the park you were currently at. The trees and flowers were blossoming all around you, and it was a beautiful sight. Flower petals drifted softly to the ground around you as you sat on a bench a short distance away from the jungle gym. Keeping an eye on your daughter, you gazed around, drinking in the sweet scent of spring.

   It was a Wednesday, so only a couple of people were out and about. One couple, who looked to be gay, laughed as their child ran over to where your daughter was and began to blabber at her. A smile made its way on your face.

   As you watched your daughter, you couldn't help but think about your past lover and how similar she looked to him. Thomas. The name made it you cringe. You hadn't spoken to him since that one horrible day five years ago. You had gotten over him quickly, but you were too scarred to even think about dating again. Not yet, anyway.

   What made that day even worse was the fact that you had discovered you were pregnant not even a week later. You had thought you were unable to get pregnant, but your child proved you wrong. Your daughter looked exactly like him. You loved her with everything you had, but sometimes she served as a painful reminder of your mistakes and horrible taste in boys.

   "Is that you, Y/N?" a voice said, drawing you from your thoughts.

   You spun around to face none other than Thomas fucking Jefferson himself. "Thomas," you greeted, your tone flat.

   "Oh my god, it is!" Thomas flashed a grin at you. When he noticed your guarded expression it immediately disappeared. He had changed; he no longer wore clothes that showed off his muscles and chest, but instead wore hoodies and baggy jeans. "Do you mind if I sit there?"

   You scooted over a bit, deciding to bite back your anger for now. For D/N.

   As he sat beside you, he asked, "How have you been?"

   "Great," you replied. "Ever since you cheated on me, things have been just great." Your gaze drifted to D/N, but Jefferson didn't notice.

   "That's good."

   You snorted. "Don't say that. Not now," you retorted, shooting a glare at him. He doesn't have the right to go and act like everything's all okay and normal between us. "How are things with you and your mistress?" you asked, putting extra venom into mistress.

   "She..." Thomas looked at the ground, a shadow of remorse passing over his face. "She's gone. She has been for quite some time."

   A pang of guilt struck you, but it faded quickly. "I had no idea. I-I'm sorry."

   Thomas waved it off. "Don't be. It's not like you really care, anyway."

   "I..." you tried to argue, but the words died on your tongue. You decided against it in the end. You couldn't deny the truth.

   Thomas looked at you, a small, sad smile on his face. "I don't blame you. I hate myself too. I was so stupid to think that you would never know and that everything would be okay." He twisted a familiar silver ring on his finger. "Y'know, I-I kept that ring. I know it doesn't symbolize anything anymore, but I use it as an excuse in public so I don't have to turn people down. I..." He looked away, a small blush creeping up his neck. "I never really moved on. I was so scared I was gonna hurt someone else. I-I know I don't deserve it, but I'm sorry, Y/N."

   You were speechless. Thomas, the asshole who had ruined your life, was apologizing and admitting he still had feeling for you. You stumbled over your words, trying to think of something to say.

   "Mommy!" D/N ran up to you, her doll in hand. "Jennie and I wanna go feed the ducks!"

   Thomas' gaze snapped in your direction, an eyebrow raised.

   "Of course, D/N," you said, a small smile on your face as you looked at Thomas.

   D/N also looked at Jefferson. "Who's that man with the poofy hair?"

   You laughed as Thomas blushed, an amused look on his face. "That, D/N, is Thomas. He's..." you trailed off, unsure of whether you should say it. Now or never. "He's your father."

   Thomas' jaw dropped as you just gave him a small nervous smile.

   "Oh!" D/N beamed. Then her face fell into a confused expression. "But I thought that Alex was Daddy?"

   You blushed at the mention of your best friend and Thomas' enemy. "No, he's your uncle, D/N. Thomas is Daddy," you explained.

   Thomas was still just staring at you, his expression a mix of shock, joy, and anger. "Y/N, you never told me..."

   You gave him a look that said 'we'll talk later.'

   Thomas got the message and nodded, kneeling down on the ground in front of D/N. "Hey," he said gently, now grinning from ear to ear. "It's nice to meet you, D/N. You're so beautiful, just like your mom."

   You blushed and somewhat tuned out his words as he continued to talk to D/N, occasionally glancing at you to make sure it was okay for him to keep going. Maybe, just maybe, you could start to heal what had been broken and lost so long ago.

Lol this was supposed to end on a bad note but I couldn't help myself it's just too adorable