Worried Sick (Alexander Hamilton x Reader)

[Modern!College! AU]
WARNING: School, cursing
Word Count: 848

You let out a low groan as your brain rushed to provide words for your use. You were working on an essay that was due the next day. Being the very smart person you were, you had decided to put it off until today. It should have been easy, for it was a topic that you were very much interested in. The problem was that it had to be ten thousand (10,000) words. You weren't a very wordy person.

   It was one (1) o'clock in the morning, and you had had a long day. You just wanted to curl up and go to sleep. As of right now, you were working on three hours of sleep and a lot of caffeine. Your roommate and boyfriend of two months, Alexander, still wasn't home yet, and your worry was starting to grow in the pit of your stomach. None of those factors were helping you complete your assignment.

   You were so engrossed in your thoughts and work that you didn't even notice the door to your abode open and shut with a click!.

   Alexander Hamilton was also very tired, but when he saw the dozens of candy bar wrappers and soda bottles and coffee cups that were littered around you on the floor, he knew something was wrong. "Y/N?" he said as he started to kick aside some of the trash. When you didn't respond, Alex let out a sigh. "Damn, they must be actually working," he muttered to himself. Deciding to make you take a break, he walked over and took away your computer, setting it safely away from you on the kitchen counter.

   It took you a moment to realize that you were typing on air. When you finally came to, you whirled around to see none other than your boyfriend. The worry went away, but your frustration replaced it. "Alexander, what the hell?! I was on a roll, too!" you snapped.

   Alex gave you a tired smile. "You need to take a break, Y/N. It's late, I know, but I want you to be healthy and well-rested. So I want you to stop for a while, okay?"

You glared at him, your blood boiling. You were literally about to grab his neck and choke him. He was such a hypocrite. "Fuck you, asshole. This essay is due in, like, nine goddamn hours. So if you'll get out of my goddamn way and leave me alone, that'd be great." Pissed, you got up and shoved past him, now sitting at the counter and typing your essay.

Alex's eyes widened at your sudden outburst of profanity. You never really swore unless you were tired, upset, or angry, and he knew this better than anyone. "Y/N..."

"Leave. Me. Alone," you growled at him, your hands flying over the keyboard at top speed. It was amazing what you could do when you were sleep-deprived.

   Alex sighed. There was no stopping you. You were just too determined to do whatever you were glued to. Running a hand through his hair, he grabbed his bookbag off of the floor and disappeared into the bedroom.

   The only sounds that could be heard throughout the whole dorm was the ticking of the clock on the wall and the furious typing coming from your hands combined with the keyboard of your laptop.

   More time passed, and it was now three (3) o'clock in the morning. You usually got up for school at six thirty (6:30), so this was definitely going to suck for you and Alexander, Alexander included because you were a grump asshole whenever you were running on little to no sleep.

You let out a little cheer as you finished your essay. "Hell yeah!" You grinned to yourself, shutting off your laptop and plugging it into the charger on the counter. You hopped off of the barstool. You stumbled to the bedroom as a wave of exhaustion hit you.

You plopped down in bed beside of Alexander, too tired to change out of your outfit of leggings and a sweater.

Alex let out a low groan and rolled over, looking you over through squinted eyes. "Did you finish?" he asked groggily, his voice full of sleep.

Damn, you thought to yourself. He sounds sexy. "Yes. Now I'm tired as hell," you said quietly, letting out a little laugh and running a hand through his messy hair.

"Then go to sleep. We have to get up in a couple hours, and you-" He booped your nose gently. "-need sleep, dear."

You giggled as he tapped his finger against your nose. "Okay, okay." You laid down and snuggled into his side as he wrapped an arm around you.

Alexander, now somewhat awake so he wouldn't be able to sleep for a while, hugged you into his side. He buried his face in your hair. "Love you, Y/N," he murmured into your hair.

You yawned. "I love you too, Alex." Nuzzling into his chest, you closed your eyes and drifted off to sleep as Alex hummed a note of content.