Cherry Blossoms (Marquis de Lafayette x Reader)

A/N: Happy Easter everyone! Have a blessed day!

[Modern! Soulmate! AU]
•AU: You have whatever your soulmate's first words to you are permanently engraved in your skin.•
WARNING: cursing, saltiness
Word Count: 1025

   "C'mon, Y/N!" your friend Thomas Jefferson exclaimed as he practically leaped out of the car. His excited side was something you cherished seeing, and you weren't about to remark on how overly enthusiastic he was and ruin it. "We need to see the cherry blossoms!"

   You laughed a bit, stepping out of the car after James Madison, another friend of yours. "Okay, okay, I'll be there in a minute!"

Aaron Burr sighed as he locked the car. "I honestly like the asshole side of him better than this. This-" He gestured to Thomas, "-is unnatural."

You and James exchanged an amused glance as you walked through the parking lot, Thomas' figure slowly becoming a dot in the distance.

"Thomas, wait up!" you called after him, breaking into a run. James trotted along behind you with Aaron, occasionally having to stop and push aside a fit of coughs.

   Once the three of you caught up with him, you decided to go in groups of two. Staying as a group probably would have been a better idea, but the combination of Burr and Jefferson wasn't very smart. Thomas and James were put together, leaving you with the 'delightful' Aaron Burr. The two of you just wandered for a while, but Burr eventually ditched you for some chick. Honestly, you were relieved that Burr had left you by yourself. You had some alone time. Being friends with them meant being with them just about all of the time.

It also gave you time to think about your personal life. See, you hadn't met your soulmate yet. You had the words '"Oui, but it is alright, mademoiselle. And I agree- it is a très beau day outside" printed on your arm. Apparently that's what your soulmate would say to you when you first met them. You were always wondering what they would look like, or where you would meet them. You were so anxious; Thomas and James were soulmates, and Burr had apparently found his when he ditched you. It made you slightly jealous and upset. You were just about ready to give up.

Trying to push aside the dreadful thoughts, you walked along, humming your favorite song to yourself. All around you was pink and white flowered trees. A clear blue sky peeked through the gaps in between the soaring branches. It was a beautiful day, and the warm breeze felt amazing.

You wandered for who knows how long before actually running into someone. You rounded a corner and saw a man standing by himself, admiring the trees. He had curly black hair restrained into a bun on the top of his head, and his warm chocolate eyes sparkled as he gazed up. A bit of stubble was on his chin. He was fairly tall; his skin was a nice caramel color. Holy shit. He's beautiful... It wasn't long before you realized you were staring.

You walked up to him, deciding to make a move. "It's a beautiful day, isn't it?" The man jumped slightly, looking at you with a startled look on his face. "Sorry!" you apologized. "Did I scare you?"

A smile crossed his face and the man laughed. "Oui, but it is alright, mademoiselle. And I agree- it is a très beau day outside."

He's French. Bonus points to him because French is hot, and so is he and his voice- Y/N, no! You just met the guy! You smiled. "What are you doing here?"

"Well, I was here with mes amies, but they ditched me when some prick named Thomas insulted Alexander."

You snorted. "I was ditched as well. Also, I think I may know this Thomas you speak of. Is his last name Jefferson?"

"Oui!"

Your smile grew bigger. "Oh my god. It's a shame, really. I'm friends with Thomas, James Madison, and Aaron Burr who, by the way, was the one who ditched me."

"Oh!" the man exclaimed. "My name is Marie-Joseph Paul Yves- you know what, fuck that. Call me Lafayette or Laf."

You giggled. "Y/N L/N. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"And to you as well." Lafayette looked up for a moment, seemingly deep in thought. "Ah, you are cousins with Hercules, oui?"

"I am!" You saw him wave his arm as he talked about something. Noticing some cursive writing on his arm, realization slammed into you like a brick. Soulmate.

"Um, Lafayette?" you interjected. "I believe we're soulmates." You paused, watching his eyes widen. "Maybe...we could go and get some coffee? So we get to know each other..."

Before he could reply, a voice from somewhere nearby called, "Y/N? Y/N, where are you?"

You sighed. Of course. "Over here, Thomas!" you yelled back, annoyance creeping into your tone. Before long, Thomas and James ran towards you.

   "Thank God!" Thomas exclaimed. "Where's Burr?"

   "He ditched me for some girl," you replied saltily. Have they not noticed Lafaye-

   "Who's this?" James asked, peering at Lafayette, who seemed to be very uncomfortable.

"This is Lafayette," you said, gesturing to him with a smile.

"Lafayette?!" Thomas exclaimed. "Hamilton's friend?" He spun around and glared at you. "How are you friends with this bastard?"

Your eye twitched. I realllly hate Thomas sometimes... "Why souls it matter to you? It's my life, not yours."

James was staring at Lafayette, inspecting the Frenchman. After a moment, he said, "I don't approve."

"James!" you whined. "You're not my mother!"

"I am now," he replied, grabbing you by the arm. "Let's go, Y/N."

You shook yourself free from his grasp, running back to Lafayette. "James, he's my soulmate, so get used to it!" you yelled over your shoulder.

James' reaction was priceless. His face looked like he had just seen a ghost. "What the hell?!" Now very mad, he stormed off, Thomas following suit.

Lafayette looked at you, a grin gracing his features. "Thank you for that, Y/N."

"You are very welcome."

"Well, shall I take you is on that offer? We can go now if you like."

"That would be nice," you said, hooking your arm with his.

And that was the start of something beautiful...

   Sorry this one didn't turn out quite the way I wanted...