Winter (Lin Manuel Miranda x Reader)

>>DEDICATED TO: @ffzzaa aka Potato~Sama/Madison (follow her she's gr8)

[Modern! AU]
WARNING: fluff
Word Count: 641

"Babe, wake up!" your husband said, shaking you from your slumber.

"Lin, five more minutes," you grumbled, pulling the blanket over your head and trying to go back to sleep.

"It's snowing, Y/N!" That made you shoot out of bed.

"It's cold!" you whined as the cool air of the room hit you.

Lin wrapped his arms around you and led you to the window. "See? It's amazing, isn't it? It's like something out of a fairytale."

You looked out the window in awe. Everything was a blinding white. You couldn't even make out shapes of buildings or parked cars. A few people wandered the streets, and even a small group of children were having a snowball fight. A stray snowball hit your second-story window, and you jumped back in surprise, laughing.

Lin laughed as well, hugging you close. "Wanna go play in the snow?"

"Do you even have to ask?" You escaped his grip and ran to grab your snow gear.

A few minutes later, you and your husband were running down the stairwell of your apartment building, giggled like little children.

You reached the snow first, jumping into the one-foot-deep mass and sinking all the way through to the ground. Lin joined you not a second later, plunging into the snow head-first and losing his beanie momentarily in the frozen sea. You took this opportunity and nailed him in the head with a snowball, ruining his once-in-a-lifetime perfect man bun.

   "Y/N!" he yelled, glaring at you as he pulled his beanie back on. His shoulder-length hair was visible through the bottom of his hat. "You'll pay for that."

   He then proceeded to chuck a well-packed snowball straight to your face. You managed to cover your face with your hands before the ball struck its target.

   You glared back at him, shaking snow off of your gloves. "Oh, it's on now."

   The two of you spent the good part of two hours having a snowball fight, laughing and freezing your butts off. You had won, finally sending Lin down after a strike to the side of his head. He made a dramatic show of his defeat, too.

   "Y/N, how dare you?" Lin said dramatically. You could tell from his voice he was trying not to laugh. "I thought you loved me!"

   "I do," you replied, waddling over to him and grinning down at him.

   He scoffed, pouting at you. "Just help me up and we'll go get some coffee."

"Yes!" you said happily, pumping your fist. You absolutely loved coffee. Sometimes Lin would even joke that you loved coffee more than him.

You grabbed his hands, trying to pull him up, only for Lin to pull you back into the snow with him, your body on top of his. "Lin!" You giggled.

Said person chuckled, standing up with you still in his arms. He shifted you in his grip so he was holding you bridal-style. Lin then took off down the sidewalk, making you laugh and squeal.

   You and your husband arrived at the coffee shop a few minutes later, shaking the snow off of your clothes and boots and getting some coffee. You sat at the table while Lin ordered the drinks.

   Lin returned a few minutes later with a cup of coffee in one hand and hot chocolate in the other. He set the coffee down in front of you, taking his seat across from you and sipping on his hot cocoa.

   "Thank you, love," you said, picking up your cup from the table and taking a sip.

   "Of course, Y/N. Anything for my superior."

   You only giggled in response.

   After the warm drinks, the two of you spent the rest of the day cuddling and watching movies, enjoying being indoors and with each other.