Sundays (James Madison x Reader)

[Modern! AU]
WARNING: cursing, cute crap, Supernatural spoilers
Word Count: 1000

"James! Y/N! Get your asses out here right now or else we'll be late for class!" your college roommate Thomas Jefferson yelled from the other room. The sound of him rushing around and knocking stuff over could be heard.

   You groaned as you were awoken from a peaceful sleep and yelled back at him, "Dammit, Thomas, it's Sunday!"

   "No its no-"

   "Yes it is." the calmer and seemingly tired and annoyed voice of your other roommate, James Madison, cut in.

   It was silent for a moment. Thomas then cursed James. "Anyway, I have to meet Hamilton for a...chat. I'll be back. Don't fuck up the place while I'm gone." he gushed and ran out the door, slamming the door behind him.

   You stifled another groan and put a pillow over your head, trying to go back to sleep. "I fucking hate Thomas," you muttered.

   "I feel you," James said, his voice now closer than before.

   Looking up, you saw him standing in your doorway in navy blue boxers that looked a size too big for him and a very, very oversized hoodie- his typical pajama attire. "He's such a nuisance. Jesus Christ, can't he just shut up for one second?!"

   James' lips curled into an amused smile. "Well, Y/N, I'm not Thomas. Why don't you ask him that when he returns?"

   You threw a poorly-aimed pillow at him. "Oh shut up you nerd."

   James just smiled and caught the pillow. "I made breakfast," he said as he walked over and placed the pillow back on your bed. "Your favorite- poptarts."

   You shot up and almost trampled him as you ran to the kitchen in record time. James had to flatten himself against the wall to avoid being rammed into by you. He laughed and followed you. On the counter, as James had promised, was a pack of poptarts for you to devour.

   "You're lucky, y'know," James said, leaning against the counter and watching you with an amused expression as you tore the shiny silver package open. "I had to hide those from Thomas. That's the last pack."

   "Thank you," you said in between bites. "But doesn't he always eat mac n' cheese?"

   "Well, yeah, but every once in a while he'll eat something besides that. He was craving poptarts this morning."

   "Oh."

   In little to no time, the poptarts were gone. You threw away the wrapper and gazed at James thoughtfully. "Now, what to do on a day without Thomas up our asses..."

   James laughed yet again, this time his laugh fading into a muffled cough. "Sorry about that. Anyway, what to do..."

"Oh!" you exclaimed, getting an idea. "I know! We can binge-watch shows on Netflix!"

James snorted. "You can do that. I'm gonna go grocery shopping." He started looking through the cabinets, looking to see what they needed. "We're about out of food. Thomas was complaining about how we're about our of Mac n' Cheese before he woke you up. It was hilarious." He paused, glancing at you as he closed a cabinet door. "Any requests?"

"Ramen! Oh, also chocolate and popcorn and Doritos! Also, can you get..." You rambled on as you listed all of your favorite snack foods and binge-eating foods.

James laughed, making a mental note of your requests. "Alright, alright. I'll be sure to get them." With that, he disappeared into his bedroom to change.

~Later~

After James had returned with your food, you had coaxed him into binge-watching Supernatural with you. He was reluctant at first, but when the show started to get into a little bit of the science part of the hunting, James was hooked.

"What the- DEAN I SWEAR TO GOD- DON'T YOU DO IT!" you screeched at the TV. To your dismay, the character couldn't hear you, and he made the decision that you hadn't wanted. You practically screamed at the TV in rage and disappointment.

"He's doing it for his brother, Y/N. Isn't that what he would do regardless? So it should be okay, right?" James said, his voice calm.

"MY FAVORITE CHARACTER NOW HAS A YEAR TO LIVE! HOW IS THIS OKAY?!" You turned and glared at him, James thinking it was adorable.

"Geez, sorry!" He held his hands up in mock surrender. "I didn't mean to offend you, Miss Fangirl."

   You giggled a bit. "Oh whatever, Madison." You continued to watch Supernatural.

Before you knew it, it was dark outside. Thomas still hadn't returned, but it wasn't like you noticed. You were too engrossed in Supernatural to notice or care. You forced yourself to keep watching, despite the fact your eyelids were heavy. James was on his phone, but you didn't notice that, either.

James, however, was very aware of what you were doing. You had fallen asleep on his shoulder, your cheek squished up into one spot because of the angle you were leaning on him. He was so flustered, and he also thought it was probably the cutest thing he'd ever seen. James felt his heart doing jumping jacks, pounding against his chest. He didn't know what to do, so he just sat there, admiring you, Supernatural long forgotten and now just a distant hum in his focus.

After a while, James decided to move. His muscles were cramped, but it wasn't like he minded. He was willing to do anything for you, even if it caused him pain. Gently moving your head off of his shoulder and safely easing it onto the back of the couch, he got up and stretched his limbs, shaking the cramps and sleep off of them.

When his joints felt better, James picked you up bridal style and carried you to his bedroom, gently laying you onto the mattress and tucking you in. He planted a light kiss on your forehead, smiling to himself. Y/N looks so peaceful, he thought to himself with a blush. Then James left the room silently, wondering if you would even remember any of that.