Out of the Abyss pt. 2 (Hercules Mulligan x Reader)

[Modern! High School! AU]
WARNING: adorableness, mentions of bullying
Word Count: 857

"Hercules!" you screeched as he attacked your sides with his fingers, the strange sensation tickling you. "St-Stop it!" Hercules just laughed and continued attacking you.

It had been two years since Hercules had confessed to you, and you couldn't be happier. You had run away from home and were now living a much better life with Hercules as your boyfriend. Although the two of you had separate bedrooms, whenever Hercules' parents were gone on business trips, which was quite often, you and him would share a bed and cuddle at night.

   It was now you and Hercules' senior year of high school, and things were going pretty well. The bullying had almost completely stopped, and whenever someone did try and hurt you, Hercules would be right there by your side, protecting you from your foes. Musical.ly was far behind you, and you were okay with that.

"H-Herc!" you wheezed, struggling for air in between laughs.

   Immediately worried, Hercules pulled away and held you up as you gulped in huge breaths of air. "Y/N? Oh my god, I'm so sorry! Are you okay?"

   You giggled a bit, finally able to breathe again. "I'm fine. I was just a little air-deprived is all." You smiled at him. Hercules was always so worried and protective of you. It was as if he thought you were going to break by being tapped on the shoulder. You loved him for it, though. You knew that he would always have your back.

   "Okay," Hercules said, seemingly trying to calm himself down. "Okay." He just kept repeating that, running his hand through his hair.

   "Hercules?" you finally said after a while. You placed your hands on his cheeks, and his gaze immediately snapped to you.

   "I-I'm sorry," Hercules apologized. "I was doing it again, wasn't I?" When you nodded in response, he let out a small sigh.

   "Wanna go for a walk in the park?" you asked, dropping your hands. You knew that he loved going on walks with you, and it was spring, so it would be beautiful out. Maybe that'll help him to calm down...

   "Sure." Hercules got up, offering a hand to you. You gladly took it, and he pulled you up and into his chest. His strong arms wrapped around your smaller frame, filling your body with a comforting warmth.

   The two of you stood there for a moment before you said, "Herc, we can't leave if you don't let go of me."

   He let out a groan of disappointment, burying his face deeper into your hair. "Can't we just stay like this?"

   "Herc," you whined, wriggling in attempt to escape his grip. As much as you hated to leave his embrace, you really wanted to go and see the park since the flowers had started blooming.

"Fine," he huffed, letting you go.

After grabbing your coats, the two of you were off, walking down the sidewalk to the nearby park. A slight breeze ruffled your hair, and the coldness of it made you shiver. Hercules wrapped an arm around you, pulling you closer and warming you up.

   Upon arrival at the park, you took off, heading for the bridge that's off to the side where a creek lies.

   Hercules laughed, running after you. "Y/N, hold on! Wait up!" he called, starting to gain on you.

   You giggled and sped up your pace, only to be pulled back by your boyfriend. "Herc!"

   He responded with a laugh. Throwing you over his shoulder, he walked the rest of the way to the bridge. Then, putting you down, he smiled at you and your antics. "Don't abandon me, Y/N!"

   "I would never!" you replied with a giggle, strolling to where the bridge arched. Your boyfriend followed, standing beside you as you gazed down into the creek.

   After a moment of silence, Hercules piped up, "H-Hey Y/N?"

   "Hm?" you replied, absent-minded.

   "I-I need to ask you something..."

   "What is it?" you asked, giving him your full attention. Hercules never stuttered, so you were worried.

   Hercules took a deep breath. "Y/N, I've known you for three years now. And that may not seem like a long time, but for me it's felt like an eternity. We didn't come together under the best circumstances, but it brought us to where we are now. I love you with all my heart, and every day it grows even more. And I want to spend eternity with you, so..." He lowered himself on one knee and pulled out a small box that held a ring from his pocket in one swift motion. "...would you make me the happiest man ever and marry me?"

   Your hands flew up to your mouth, tears pricking in the corners of your eyes. "Herc," you said, your voice barely above a whisper. "Yes! YES! A MILLION TIMES YES!" You threw your arms around him, happy tears running down your cheeks as you kissed him.

   When you pulled away, Hercules grinned at you as he slipped the ring on your finger. "After high school, of course."

   "Of course, you dork," you giggled.