Anniversary pt. 3 (Thomas Jefferson x Reader)

[Modern! AU]
WARNING: cuteness
Word Count: 900

   "D/N, Philip, hold on! We're coming!" you yelled after your seven-year-old daughter and her best friend. They were way ahead of you, excited to go to the park. You were taking care of Philip for Eliza and Alexander today, and D/N was ecstatic.

Thomas laughed from beside you, grabbing your hand and pulled you along as he ran up to catch up with them. "Geez, Y/N, let them be kids!"

"Sorry! Mother's instincts! I can't help but worry, Tom. Besides, I'm caring for, not one, but two!" you laughed.

"Oh, so you're either saying I'm not helping or that I'm actually a kid!"

   "Exactly! Actually, a bit of both."

   "Hey!"

   "I'm just telling the truth here!"

   Thomas flashed a playful grin back at you and quickened his pace. He let go once D/N and Philip had stopped at the park entrance. Philip was grinning at the both of you, bouncing on the balls of his feet in anticipation and waiting for permission to go into the park. D/N had her back to you. Thomas, being the mofo he is, wrapped his arms around your daughter from behind and picked her up, spinning her around as she squealed in surprise and delight.

"Daddy, don't get my dress messed up! I don't want wrinkles on it!" she whined, giggling all the while.

"Okay, okay!" Thomas grinned, setting her down. "But you're going to get it ruined from playing anyway!"

You chuckled to yourself at the two. Three years had passed since you had reunited with Thomas, and you couldn't be happier.

   The two of you had decided to take things slow and start over. About a year ago, after much bonding and talking, Thomas had asked you out. You had been hesitant, but you said yes anyways, knowing you really did love him.

   Thomas was always there for you and your daughter, no matter the circumstances. Whether it be you had a bad day at work or your daughter having a dance recital, he stuck by your side. He had truly changed, in more ways than one.

   Although his personality had changed, a sad aura surrounded him. You knew why- the mistress and regret haunted him. You knew he was truly sorry for what he had done, and you had forgiven him, although it had been a long and hard road. He still wore the ring, but it now symbolized a promise he had made when the two of you had started dating.

   "I promise never to hurt you or D/N. I swear to god, as long as I live, nobody will ever touch you. I'll always be there for you, and if someone tries to hurt you or D/N, they won't touch you unless it's over my dead body."

   "Y/N?" Thomas' voice drew you out of your thoughts. "You okay, darlin'?"

   You nodded, shifting your bag filled with snacks and other treats from one hand to the other. "Yep! Now c'mon, let's not keep them from having fun!" You looked at the two children. "Go on, you two."

   Philip beamed. "Race you!" he exclaimed, taking off towards the monkey bars.

   "Hey! No fair!" D/N whined, running after him.

"Be careful!" you called after them.

   You and Thomas walked over to a nearby tree. He took the blanket from the bag and spread it on the ground, making it so you two could sit and keep an eye on D/N and Philip. You sat first, your back leaning against the tall oak tree that soared above you and provided some cool shade in the hot August afternoon.

   Thomas sat beside you, smiling at the two children that ran past you. "They're going to get married someday. I can just feel it."

   "You're okay with that?" you asked, closing your eyes as a gentle breeze blew past. "Philip is Alexander's son. I'm surprised you don't have anything against him."

   "I'm learning to deal with it," Thomas replied, his hand brushing through your hair and pushing a few loose strands behind your ear. "Besides, his son is a completely different person than he is. Honestly? He's a good kid."

   "That's exactly what I wanted to hear."

   "Darlin', are you sure you're alright? You've been acting odd today," Thomas asked in a gentle voice, his calloused palm brushing over your cheek.

   You opened your eyes and met his worried gaze. "Thomas, I'm fine. I'm just tired is all."

   "Are you not getting enough sleep? Is it stress?" Thomas fretted, taking your hands into his own and rubbing his thumb over your knuckles.

   "Love, I promise you I'm alright. It's just-" You freed one of your hands and rubbed your eye. "I really didn't want you to find out this way, but I'm pregnant."

   His eyes widened, gaze falling to your stomach, which was concealed by a grey sweater. "You're serious? Again?"

   "Yes." You gave him a small smile. "Surprise?"

   Thomas gently placed a hand on your stomach. He looked at you, eyes lighting up in excitement. "How long have you known?"

   "A month or so."

   "This is amazing, Y/N! I'm so happy!" He gave you a hug, careful not to squeeze your stomach too tight.

   You giggled. "See, you are a kid!"

   "Whatever." Thomas stood and started running to D/N. "Oh D/N~! Daddy and Mommy have a surprise for you~!"

I SWEAR TO GOD IF YOU WANT A PART FOUR-

I'll do it lol

I just feel like this has gone on waaaaaayyyy longer than it should

Oh whale! You guys like it, so whatever makes you all happy!