Chapter 1

WHO IS MAYA?

Maya the first child to Engr. Rasheed Shurem and Thahani Bint Ubaida, her father who was halve a nigerian and halve Arabian was born and he schooled in nigeria, he grew up with no living relatives of his parents alive and was the only son, at the age of 34 he was already a successful Mechanical engineer and was managing two of his father's company and his mother was late, a time came when he had to relocate temporarily to Oman to be fully committed to his father's company there, that is where he met the love of his life the beautiful innocent orphan Thahani.

The two got married and a year later she gave birth to a beautiful baby girl whom they named MAYA, a year after Maya's birth, they relocated back to Nigeria cause of his father's suddenand another baby girl was born but sadly Thahani died immediately after birth and so the second baby girl was named after their late mother Thahani.

Devasted Rasheed decided to raise his daughters on his own without the help of any woman (he didn't get married),he did a good job thou, but as time went on he bestowed all his love on Thahani, everything has to be Thahani first, not that he doesn't take care of Maya, he does and provides for her need, but when Thahani needs something, he wil get it instantly but when Maya needs it he will get it but not on time and other stuffs, and already Maya at the age of four has noticed it and tends to use it to her advantage by Bossing three year old Thahani, the two girls have alot of different things, both physically, mentally and emotionally, Maya physically has an average height, a slight chubby and curvy body(not that the curves are out already, but there are certain physical signs for that), a round face, a slight open teeth in the middle of her two upper front tooth, visible dimples on her slight chubby cheeks, pink apple lips, her nose a bit board and pointed, Bambi eyes, her iris/lens are sky blue in colour and a pure white eyeball, thick long black eyelashes, thick nicely shaped eyebrows, her hair colour is pure black, and it's soft/silk and thick, the length is way too pass her elbow and wavy(arab traits), tan in complexion and has a very smooth skin.
Thahani was almost the same height with Maya, fair skin, her hair texture and lenght the same with Maya but her's is golden brown and naturally laid, oval face, pointed nose, reddish strawberry lips, sexy eyes and light green iris/lens. The two are epitome of beauty and one can hardly tell which is more beautiful especially when they are together.

Maya naturally is a strong headed, adamant girl, and can be a bully sometimes, she is bossy and easily gets annoyed, and is obsess with cars and electronic gadgets, she is the kind of girl that has a lot confidence and nerves, she is smart and always has this mischievous smile on her face, she happens to be one of a kind intelligent girl but despite the fact she bosses around her sister, she cares a lot for her and an Ego maniac also a miss damn the consequences.
Thahani on the other hand is a simple, timid and a shy girl, with always a smile on her face, peaceful and loving. Even in school Maya is the protective type to her sister and so many of the students dread picking on Thahani.

There was a time when Maya and Thahani were in primary 3 in the primary school named spring nusery and primary school, Maya of 7 years was in primary 3 orange and Thahani of 6 was in Primary 3 green, it was on a Friday and all students were playing around as a normal friday routine that is after two first periods of lesson, Maya whose long hair was in a two french plaits and in the school uniform, then black pure leather booths, black rolex kids wrist watch and her class mates were in one of the playgrounds, she was on a two seater swing, each seats facing eachother, her class mates were around her waiting to be picked by her to swing for some minutes with her (depending on the rate of like she has for you), to them it was an honour to be chosen to swing by her, "Maya please choose me" said a boy who happens to be their class captain, in a pleading tone, "no, you called my father's name when you were giving us back our social studies notebook" she said coldly and she choose another person.

They have being like that for almost 30 minutes when Thahani came up towards her crying, "stop the swing" Maya shouted on sighting her sister in tears, the rest (delight fully and respectfully) gathered and stopped the swing, she came down and met with Thahani, "who" she asked, "a boy in primary 4 blue collected my wrist watch" cried Thahani, "after that, he even slapped her" said one of the girls that came with Thahani, ofcoz to them it was like an Honour to report every details to Maya, "and he even insulted her in vernacular" said another boy, "which of the wristwatch" asked Maya heatedly, "the purple Barbie wristwatch we bought in Dubai" said Thahani as she now whimpers, "nobody should swing till i return (believe me, no one there will dare)" she shouted and turned to her sister "take me to the bull",
"There he is in front of the class, the one with the short trouser among them" said Thahani as they came out of the playing ground with some of there mates, pointing to a chubby boy in a group of five boys upstairs infront of primary 4 blue, they went upstairs and to the boys, "give it back" she said directly, "what" he inquired taken aback, "the wrist watch you collected from my sister" she added angrily, "i won't give it back" he said coldly, "am warning you" she said coming closer to him, "no" he said, she suddenly used all her strenght and pushed him backwards, he fell on the corridor and she immediately grabbed the wash hand basin from it's stand (every class in spring has it), and poured the water on him, and before he finished dealing with the shock she checked his pockets and found the wrist watch and in his right side pocket, she then examined the watch and then gave him a slap and said, "that's for slapping her" with that she came up and pulled her sister downstairs through the groups of watching students.

A lot of incidents like that, some times her dad has to be called to school due to somethings she has done, but she won't just stop, despite this attitude of hers, it amazes the teachers to see her doing wonderfull in class, tests and exams, apart from being the first position in their class, she usually comes out as the best students of their whole set in academic performance, if Maya had being a trouble some girl and also a dullard and unintelligent girl, she could have been expelled but the school couldn't afford to loose an intelligent student like her.

After their primary school her dad decided only Maya will be going to Genial genius middle and high boarding school in london, the two were so sad to be separated like this even thou Maya will be coming for holidays or break and at that time he has become the minister of petroleum in nigeria.

On the 31st of april 2017 Maya of 18 years was seated in the first class area in the fly emirates plane, she wore a dark green long sleeved, turtle necked cotton peplum top, a black skinny long trousers, green memorata heeled can animal skin Booths with golden zip by the side of each shoe, her hair in a giant Chinese bun, no make up in her face, then a black jaguar wrist watch on her left wrist and a black Chanel wrist chain on the right wrist, then two pure silver rings on her left her hand on the two middle fingers, then two pure gold knuckle rings on the other hand also on the two middle fingers, Maya was as beautiful and curvy as ever, she is still the same Maya of before, Maya was coming home for the first time in three years done with London for now, the last she saw her dad and sister was the time they came for her high school graduation, when she decided to go to a fashion college for a three years course, and refused to visit. "Excuse me Ma'am" said an air hostess to Maya who was relaxed and her eyes closed, she lazily opened an eye, "that guy over there said i should give you this" said the hostess with a smile as she hands Maya a small piece of paper with a note ,Maya turned to where the lady pointed and saw a handsome mocha skinned guy smiling at her, she turned back and with a smirk she said in a dismissive tone "late nights, i wanna nap" with that she closed her eyes and relaxed back to the chair.

Some minutes later their plane landed in kano the aminu kano international airport, on coming through the arrival's hall, Maya searched with her eyes and saw her beaming sister coming towards her, "Lulu (Maya's pet name)" said Thahani as she reach her sister and the two hugged, "Dad" asked Maya as they walk towards the car followed by two guys pulling Maya's boxes, "had to go to some meeting in lagos,
     "Oh" exclaimed Maya with a nod.