Chapter 5

Sacrifice for love

Maya T. I. G(MAYA THE. INDEPENDENT .GIT. her new name) begun lectures in the year 2018 in The bayero university kano B. U. K in new site, she decided to keep the end of her deal with her dad and moved out to the hostel of B. U. K new site, she took her cars with her, and lots of things, the deal was a hard one to her, but she had to keep it because she was admant.

Thahani usually pays Maya a vist every weekend, on her first visit she came with lots of things for Maya, snacks, provisions, and many things, and even money but trust Maya she coldly refused, "why are you being such an Ego maniac" asked Thahani sadly, "mind your language hani, and it's final am not collecting this, take it back" said Maya coldly, from that day Thahani didn't try bringing anything for Maya,

Thahani once advised Maya to start up a fashion design, Maya at first didn't heed the advise, "i can help you with that, i can give you some money to start" said Thahani "are you crazy, it won't sell at all and it will be a waste of resources, unlike me but i honestly worry about my expense and waste of money this days " said Maya, "very unlike Maya to worry about that" said Thahani nodding, "besides i wont mix up school work and fashion design it will be stress full", "it may not be, trust me, you will like the outcome besides i have seen your designs they are dope" said Thahani, "yeah three things Hani, one for going through my stuffs am not that pissed off, two drop that whack topic, three you have to get going cause i have tutorials" said Maya.

Ofcause another regular visit she gets is from Mrs Omar Ganati, who always comes with gifts, Maya is yet to decline.Maya's visit to kaseem becomes only during the weekend due to her lectures and stuff but on each visit she takes lots of things to him like always.

However months later she accepted the idea of starting a fashion design seeing it will keep her mind occupied plus she needed the money to meet her daily needs, "don't feel so important, because am about to tell you that i have accepted your advice, am about to start that fashion whatever" said Maya on phone to Thahani, "oh my God, am coming down there right now, give me ten minutes" said Thahani excitedly and ended the call, "and where are you off to, it is to eight" asked her dad by the parking lodge, "to see Maya dad, it is important" she said pouting, "and you forgot all about my dinner" he asked with a smile, "i will grab you something on my way back" she quickly added, "fine don't stay long, drive safely" he said and walked in.

With that decision She had to invest almost everything from her bank account and declining Thahani's help at all, "you know your long face won't make me accept anything so quit it" said Maya, "Ego talk" murmured Thahani, "oh but i need one thing from you" said Maya with a smirk and Thahani quickly looked up to her smiling hopefully "prayers" said Maya and the two laughed and truthfully the two started to pray hard for its success, she then brought out all her paper designs, which were about 26 in number, she then got 22 seamsters, 15 seamstresses 7of the opposite sex, they made dresses of different materials, sizes, shapes and colours of the design she gave them, and within six months they were done and with that she opened and launched a boutique with the name LULU. M. ladies house of fashion.

it was no surprise when her fashion line begun selling and was popular in both reality and social media, it was made up of gowns, skirt and blouse, blazers, trousers of different size, shapes and materials, it was classy, unique and stylish.

Back to school life, to Maya's delight no one recognized her as the daughter of the two times minister Eng Rasheed Shurem, cause even before she dropped her father's name she was popularly known as another rich girl especially on social networks like on her snap chat account she uses LULU 009, instagram MAYA_IESHA, twitter she uses MAYA_OMANI, Facebook she uses MAYA OMA. NIG. all this are the user names she uses, and when asked what T.I.G means she scowls and says 'its my last name or an ancestral name' won't just say the meaning.

There was a time a guy met her in the cafeteria and said 'you look alot like one of the daughters of the former minister', 'belive me am nobody's daughter" she said laughing, "i find it hard to believe ,with the kind of cars you drive around even thou you are in the hostel" he said with a curve smile, "now you are intruding" she said irritated and walked away.

Maya has only two friends Fadila Sageer Daneji and Farhan Abubakar Sufiyan, they are the only two girls who she confineds in, even the two are ignorant of whose daughter she is again Maya is having a hard time with the lots of guys and some lecturers on her tail, thou she kept on being the arrogant girl,straight forward, miss i don't tolerate bullshit and to top it all, the very intelligent type, earning her a great deal of respect in no time from lots of students and lectures of their faculty and envy from other girls, especially on her fashion sense, her beauty, her popularity, how rich they thought she was (especially with the cars she drive (white Range Rover Evoque version 2.2dAT having a red and minor silver interior and A black convertable Bentley continental GT version 6.0AT having a light brown and minor white interior) the way she dresses) and the guys attention on her.

In her year four already, Maya still maintained her popularity in school and as the fashion designer LULU. M and the owner of LULU.M ladies house of fashion, (she still design's on papers and then hands it down to her seamsters to sew and she inspects and corrects them) with the massive sales and order, she sold the building, bought another huge building which now consists of not only her fashion line but, make up section, bridal and casual dress up section, hair treatment and styling section, pedicure and manicure section, facial and skin care section, use of henna section, body massge (ladies only) section, body fitness section which consist of two session, the gymming session and the tutoring training session ,not to talk of their new apple and android application meant for ordering of clothes and their delivery which takes just three days to be delivered, then one can also book for an appointment or reservations with one of the hair stylist, make up artist, facial and skin caretaker, masseuse, pedicurist and manicurist, e.t.c and it was a huge success, it was moving, money was coming in and they were popular in Nigeria. She bought another car, a silver Mercedes benz GLC klasse version 350e havin a black interior, with all this success of hers never for once did her father acknowledged her or praise her, which she didn't mind at all.

The late convocation for the class of class of 2021(ending) took place in the early 2022, Thahani was one of them and Engr. Rasheed was a guest of honour, "congratulations Hani" said Maya hugging her, that was outside the hall and Thahani was together with their dad when Maya came up, "thank you so much" said Thahani smiling, "good afternoon" said Maya looking at her father, "thought i wouldn't get that from you" he said blankly, "you still pay for my fees, you deserve it Mr. Rasheed Shurem, any way Hani we meet later" she said and walked away, unknown to her, some who suspected her identity watched closely as she walks over to the former minister and his daughter, at first they thought Maya is his daughter when she walked up to them, thou seeing Maya and Thahani together was a common thing, but when they saw Maya leaving them,they agreed on the fact that she is not his daughter and Thahani just introduced Maya to her dad who responded blankly to Maya.