Chapter 12 A year later

A year later

A year later, Maya is now a successful lawyer in the CBN in Kano and a private lawyer to Thahani and her company, she is a 26 and a halve year old filthy rich lady now and still the CEO of LULU HOUSE OF FASHION and is still a huge success, she does design and pass it on, and goes to the house twice in a week, since she has a manager Sabrina,

While Kaseem has become another successful engieener and with his mum's and Maya's connection he works in NNPC and has a hight post already, he is another rich guy of 32.

"Good afternoon wondeful viewers, i am Catherine Simone, welcome to another episode of the Limelight show on CCR T. V, today with us we have Barrister Maya T. I. G and Architecture Kaseem Omar Ganati,we welcome you to this show" said a lady on t.v and the two were viwed, Kaseem was wearing a sky blue long sleeve knee lenght kaftan, a black skinny trousers, a black moccasins shoes, black and silver cuff links, he was looking fresh, fair and more handsome, Maya wore a dark blue high waist gown which has skinny long sleeves, the gown was silk in material and from the waist up was decorated with the same colour cord lace material up to the left sleeve, and then a slim tummy belt which is black in colour, her hair was in a bun and a black veil on her head, she wore black heeled shoe and holding a black Mk purse, the two were seated on a two seater white sofa, "thank you" said Kaseem, "thank you" said Maya, "so starting with Mr. Kaseem, you are looking fresh and posh, after the rough previous years you had, so tell us what's down"

"Well am i must admit to that, it's been 8 and a halve rough years, but as the saying goes at the end of every tunnel there is light, and after every darkness light will surely alight and am proud to say light is already with me" he said taking Maya's hand,

"So she is the light"

"If i say that, it may be blesphmy, Allah is light but he has a way of showering you with light through someone worth and Maya is that someone"

"Nice saying, so Mr Kaseem how does it feel to be free at last after 8 and a halve years in prison for a crime you didn't commit"

"Well you see freedom is good, and those years were terrorizing, they were dark, and evil, i hate those days"

"So since it was all over i mean you and the late former first lady were lovers, how did you feel about her dead", he looked at Maya who inturn gave him a mock scowl, "um well i felt bad and sad for her and i thank God am still alive to repent for my sins, and i pray Allah forgive her sins, he is a merciful God"

"Wow, that is so touching, so Mr.Kaseem when Barrister Maya was in court debating, how do you feel, how do you see her in action"

"Oh my God, she was super, she was dope, she was down to earth, i was now like that girl is natural, she is so natural, she is real, she is (sigh) Maya" he said and they all laughed, "am serious Maya is natural if you have Maya you are lucky"

"So i turn to you Maya, Barrister Maya T. I. G, Maya Maya Maya, you are a legend"

"Thank you Catherine"

"You know when i told my kids i will be hosting you on this show, my first daughter Feline was now like 'mum how comes you get to know reigning celebrities, and i dirt of my shoulder and said 'thats what i do baby' the three laughed and Catherine continued "my last born was now like, the great defender, please mum can i come, and when i told my crew in here, one was like we have to supply a maximum security cause he won't live with whem something gets to that hero here, another was like he has to buy a new tuxedo cause meeting people like you is an honour"

"Awnnn, i feel great full for all this, nevertheless you can be someone more than i am, it just takes faith, firmness, and prayers" said Maya looking at the camera, "you heard that viewers faith, firmness and prayes, so Maya before i bombard you questions, there is one tiny thing we wish to know and believe me this is a debate among alot of people, is the former minister Engineer Rasheed Shurem your father, your biological father", Maya hesitated and then asked "why the curiosity"