Chapter 22Plans ahead

Plans ahead

Maya and Erica were seated in a restaurant having lunch, it was two months after Maya's agreement, already plans have being laid, Maya and her daughter will be reaching Nigeria a week after Erica's call to bar, already the Oman government is involved.

Maya and Erica visited the sultan of Oman whose palace is based in Muscat, the two got an appointment with him, and on the said date of appointment they talked with him and his wife alone about Maya's ordeal, and asked if there is any neccesity for the Omani goverment to intervene because Maya and her daughter are Omanis by birth, it will be that the goverment will be with Maya in nigeria and they will not allow Maya to be kept in cell till after the outcome of the case,  within a week the sultan forwarded the issue to other members of the sultanry and they accepted after some debate, two leaders were chosen to be with Maya in Nigeria as the sultan's representatives.

"Aren't you scared i will do as Kaseem" asked Maya as she slices her kebab with a small table knife and a fork,
   "Am not that naive" said Erica after a sip of her orange juice,
   "Excuse me, i wasn't naive"
"You were Maya, you broke up with a guy you dated for just two years, not that you two were always together, you were always in school and back for the holidays just for some weeks, then  you saw him in cell and sacrificed everything for him and that same guy married another wi......
     "DON'T, don't tell me what i already know, fine i agree i brought this upon myself but i was only trying to be good"
    "Girl you are good as you are"
"Erica, just keep shut before i stuff that knife down your throat", Erica laughed shaking her head.

A month later Erica started a law school in Abuja Nigeria, while Maya was back to herself in Oman.

Today she was in the headmistress office in Thahani's school, the headmistress an Egyptian by the name  Badra bint Faaiz but a Christian, she is 34 in age and has a good young looking body just like Maya, the two were in good terms, so Maya sometimes wait up in the office before the school closes, Badra's daughter Hamnah is in the same class with Thahani and the two are friends, Maya wore a dark green short sleeved A shaped gown which was of pure silk and light weight because it was the begining of spring, her hair in a bun was covered with a small yellow veil which was round her face, she had no make up on her face, on her feet were dark yellow and green fur filp flops,

Maya and the headmistress were chatting happily,

"trust me Maya men are unpredictable, can you imagine Hamnah's dad wants us back to london, how on earth am i suppose to quit this school"
    "And lady that is a waste, i mean this school is a popularly known school in the whole of Oman, lots of dignitaries have wards, kids in this school"
   "That's the case, i just can't give everything up, so he just had let the matter rest, trust me, he will bring it up again but i will be as reluctant as ever"
    "Uhum, so i heard the boarding students will be going for a week break"
"Yeah, bringing me to that issue, why wouldn't you bring Thahani for the boarding, she will like it here"
   "We are not talking about that again missy, so hurry up, lets catch our daughters game" said Maya standing up.   The two walked towards the mini basketball field, the game was already in action, some parents were present in the field, and Maya saw her little angel in a yellow and black Jersey wears, a yellow sneakers, her hair in a long plait, she was among the players and was now running to block a student with the ball,

Maya recalled her sister's favourite sports was basketball, so when her daughter showed intrest in basketball, she was excited and told the little Thahani how Aunt Thahani plays football in school or at home, in those days Maya does play with Thahani not because she has passion for it but because she finds out she is good at it, especially shooting and scoring, she recalled how the two of them play with their father and at the end he sweeps Thahani off her feet and walks away, Maya sighed, shaking her head.