Chapter 3 Meeting Kaseem

Meeting Kaseem
Two days later Maya dressed up in a hausa native wear, she was adjusting her head tie infront of the Console in her sitting room.

Thahani came in, "Lulu, you haven't being yourself since our return from the mall a day before yesterday or will i say since you heard that news from your ex's Mother, whats wrong if its about me not telling you,i said am sorry" she said calmly, "just tell dad i am out with a friend, that is if he asks" answered Maya now adjusting her earing, "it's just 9.am he is still at home, why not tell him" suggested Thahani, "no am not going in there this morning, just tell him when he asks" said Maya almost coldly and in a finalized tone, "Maya you know you aren't being respectfull here, he is your dad also" said Thahani, her tone was suppose to be in anger but it came out calmly but sad, Maya turned to her angrily and said "what part of it don't you get? Huh?, i said i won't and i won't , so don't you ever say am being disrespectful" she then picked up her lilac coloured M. K hand bag, "am sorry Lulu, at least tell me where you going" said Thahani in a pleading tone and making the sorry face, "till I get back and don't ask me again" she said coldly and walked out, she headed straight to the parking lot and soon drove out in her car.

she headed straight to the Jail house, on entering she met a warden in a light brown uniform, she briefly
explained to him what she wanted and then handed him a bundle of 500 naira from her hand bag and gave the man a slight nod, she then sat down on a bench.

She waited there for just ten minutes when the warden came back and motioned for her to follow him in, he led her into a room with only a table and two chairs only "wait here i will get him" said the man and went out, she looked round the room in disgust and then used a baby wipes from her bag and wiped the chair she intended to sit on, 2 minutes later the door was opened and the warden came in with haggard looking Kaseem, "you've got 30 minutes" said the man as he pushed Kaseem forward, "oh but before you go, can you help me get some food and snacks" she said as she brought out six notes of one thousand naira and handed them to the warden.

Kaseem sat down facing her, "so it's you" he said weakly, "yeah probably am the last person on earth that will be seen visiting you" she said with a raised eyebrow, "yeah, no one will thought my ex girlfriend will vist me, i mean the pompous, strong headed and Ego maniac ex girlfriend" he said with a chuckle, "yeah to visit the ungrateful, dishonest Kaseem" she said rolling her eyes, "wait tell me, i was the one who confronted you and told you about i and Erica so how was i dishonest" he asked sounding amused, "Erica was my bestfriend or so i thought, you were dishonest from the moment when you took interest in her when we were still dating and i was back to school" she said sadly,

"it's funny how you chose a Christian as a best friend" he said, "i may be alot of things but i don't discriminate" she said with a slight frown, "oh was it because of her background, she is halve Nigerian halve Mexican, or because of her father was rich just like yours, or cause you two are this down to earth damsels that will trigger guys" he asked with a smirk, Maya regarded him for some seconds, his over grown beard and unkept hair, yellow dirty teeth, she sighed and said, "no matter what the reason is, what matters is i trusted and confinded in her", "hope you learnt your lesson" he said and she nodded,

"but i was so devastated to let you go, you maybe this rude and disrespectful girlfriend but you were loyal and caring, the guilt never let my heart, can you forgive me" he asked looking at her, she sighed as tears came up to her eyes (the almighy Maya is the emotional type, weird but a perfect indices of Maya),she nodded, "thank you, so when did you return, how did you know and why are you here" he asked with a smile, Maya wiped away her tears with her little finger with a chuckle she said "you asked alot"
"am curious" he said with a shrug, "i came back three weeks ago, am done with the colleg of fashion in London, i met with your mum in the mall a day yesterday, she told me everything" she said, "so you decided to make a vist to this ex of yours" he asked nodding, she chuckled as she nodded, "but Kaseem i can't believe and i will never believe you murdered her" she said quickly, "i wish that will count" he said sadly, "but the question is what and why were you at the scene of the murder" she asked.