New Family Member 🐍

Living with Mr. J had its ups and downs. The ups are having lots of time and money to do things, and J could care less about the things you brought home, so long as it stayed in your room. The downs are that when J goes on business trips, it gets lonely when he leaves. So while he was home you brought up something that'd been on your mind for awhile.
"Mr. J?"
"Yes, y/n what is it?"
"I was thinking, about something that I've been wanting.."
"Well, my darling say the word and it's yours! I'll make sure of it"
"Can we get a pet?"
"A.. pet?" He said with slight hesitation, it was like he's never said the word before.
"Yeah! It gets lonely when you're gone and I was hoping a little friend could keep me company!" He thought about this for a few minutes while looking down at his paperwork.
"Sure doll, anything for you." J handed you a few hundred and told you to scoot and go make yourself happy.

*le skip to the pet store*

You decided that you'd want to get something J would like and decided to pick out something simple, so a ball python was it! You picked out a terrarium and all the supplies and food you'd need before going back to pick out a snake.

"Hmm I think I'll take.. that one!" You said with enthusiasm towards your new pet.

"This is one of our more active snakes, he loves to be around someone's neck,"
Said the pet shop employee.

You thanked her and payed for your stuff with the snake around your arm. On the drive home you kept thinking of a name for your little baby.
"Hmm Hiss? No you don't hiss enough for that,"
"What about.. fang? No, pythons don't have fangs,"
"Mouse? No that's just cruel"
"How about.." you stopped as you realized the snake had slithered up your arm and plopped onto the dashboard of the car to bask in the sunlight.
"That's it!! I'll name you plop!"
"Mr. P of course, for short!"

*back at le house*
"Mr. J!! I'm home!!"
You were greeted by your lover as you saw him in the living room watching the news.
"Ahh baby! You're back! Where's the animal?"
"Right here" you said as you undid
Mr. P from your neck and held him out to J. "That's what you picked for a pet?"
He asked in disbelief. "You don't like him?" You asked confused as to why J wouldn't like having a snake as a pet,
"No! I love him!! I thought when you said pet I expected a puppy or some shit like that, but no! This is better!"
You smiled contently as you put up Mr. P's stuff in the living room because J said he wanted the snake out where he could hold him. You knew Mr. P and Mr. J were going to get along just fine.