Thunderstorms

It was a rainy day in Gotham. That wasn't a problem, you loved rain and storms. Just not when it knocked your power out and J was still at the club doing business. It wasn't too bad outside when you called J and told him to come home so he wouldn't get stranded. The phone run a few times before he answered "Darling, what's going on? Are you alright?" "Yeah J I'm fine but I want you to come home now, the storm is going to hit soon and I want you home safe." "Darling I'll be fine! I'll be home in a little while, see you soon!" He hung up before you could reply and it only took a few minutes for the storm to pick up and your worry to increase. J still wasn't home and he wasn't answering his phone. You kept trying to call him as you put pillows and blankets in the fort you made so you could watch the storm together, but you feared that might not happen. You saw headlights outside the window and ran into the garage to see J slightly soaked stepping out of the car. "J you're home!" You exclaimed as you threw your arms around him and planted a kiss on his cheek. "Of course I am baby! Didn't I tell you I'd be fine?" He said picking you up as he stepped in the house. "Come on J! I made a fort for us!" He looked at the living room with delight as he saw your home within the home, "And with candles! Baby you are such a romantic!" "J the powers out! I didn't have a choice,"
You laughed and squealed as he picked you up and laid you both inside the fort. He spent what felt like hours looking at you, observing every feature and placing light kisses on your face. A particularly loud clap of thunder startled you and you clung onto J in hopes of comfort. "Oh baby, are you scared of the storm?" He smirked, "No, it just startled me!" "Right? So why are you still clinging onto me for dear life?" You realized this and let go shrinking back in embarrassment because of your spook. "Sweetness you have nothing to worry about! I'll always be here with you!" You clung around him again until the power cut on a few minutes later. "I don't know about you, but I like the lights better off," He stated as he went to cut them off again, leaving you in the fort with candles lit.