Chapter 9

Excuse the mistakes :$, its not edited so feel free to point them out so i can fix them

Chapter 9:

Alison was bored after 5 minutes. She didn’t know what he expected to find. She already knew enough.

Ali walked into the kitchen and took out her favourite cookies n’ cream ice-cream and put some in a bowl.

“You want Ice-cream?” she screamed. Alison had learned at lunch that Ash can eat for the taste of food, but he really doesn’t need it.

“No,” he said back.

Ali put the Ice-cream back into the freezer. She got her bowl of Ice-cream and walked out of the kitchen. Alison saw Ash in the same position as before, except he was so focused on the screen, he hadn’t noticed her come in.

Alison walked behind him and read the screen over his shoulder.

It looked like a tree diagram. It had Alison’s name in a box on the bottom of the screen, and four branches coming out of it. The last thing Alison saw was the names in the boxes:

Daniel, Hope, Lee, and Mari

“Ali! Ali! Wake up Ali!” Alison heard.

Alison was confused when she woke up. She was lying on the sofa. The last thing she remembered was getting Ice-cream.

“Oh, THANK GOD! You gave me a heart attack!” Ash was saying.

“What happened, Ash,” she asked confused, “how did I get here?”

“Um… you fainted,” he said uncomfortably.

“Why?”

“That’s not important, are you okay?” he said quickly.

“Yes, I’m fine. What are you hiding?” Ali was now annoyed.

“It’s nothing. Don’t worry,”

“Ashton, please tell me, you’re scaring me. Please Ash,”

“It’s nothing; you just read some news and fainted. Don’t worry about it,”

“What news Ash. Come on Ashton, I trust you. Please tell me. You’re my guardian angel. I should know what I need to be guarded against.” She tried.

Ashton’s face looked, to Alison, like it was a mixture of pain and sadness. He quickly covered it up.

“Your father is Lee, and your mother is Mari. Hope and Daniel are just some random people who raised you,” he said. His voice sounded cold to her.

Alison was shocked from the change in his tone. So shocked, that it took a minute for her to take in what he had said.

Not my parents? How? She wondered.

She look towards Ashton to see wasn’t there anymore. For once, she felt anger towards him.

She looked down at her ring, but it wasn’t there anymore. She looked around the room, and in the kitchen, but it still wasn’t there. She was about to ask Ashton, but she didn’t want to talk to him yet.

Instead, she decided to look outside. She opened the door, or at least tried to, but the door stopped half open. She heard a loud thump. She paused. She closed the door and tried again. This time, it opened more before she heard the thump again. She squeezed through the gap to see a person with their blond head in their hands. She shut the door behind her.

Then something clicked. “OH MY GOD, I’m so sorry!” She told the person, dragging out the ‘so’. “I really didn’t mean to hit you…twice,” she said sheepishly.

“It’s…uh…okay, I guess,” she heard a male voice say.

She noticed the person was a male about 18 years old. He had blond hair which was cut in layers. It covered his forehead and came up to the bottom of his ears. His eyes were grey with little fleck of blue in it.

“Um…my name’s Alison.”

“I’m Noah,” he had a deep voice.

“If you don’t mind me asking, uh… what were you doing in front of the door?” she asked curiously.

“I found this ring right here, and I came to pick it up, but then you-” he was interrupted by what sounded like a cross between a squeal and scream.

Alison took the ring from his hand, kissed it and said “MY RING!”

Unconsciously she wrapped her arms around Noah giving him a hug, “thank you, thank you, Thank You!”

“Um… your welcome?” he said, wrapping his arms around her to return the hug.

Alison then heard the door open and shut again. She turned her head to see no one else there except Noah and herself. She looked up at Noah confused.

Noah chuckled, “He went back inside,” he told her.

Alison could care less at that point. She was really mad at him.

“Well this is a nice way to meet my new neighbours,” Noah said. Alison realised they were still hugging.

She politely moved back and smiled, “You moved next door, hmm? Need help moving in or cleaning or something?” she asked him. Ali really didn’t want to face Ashton yet.

Noah was uncomfortable, but thrilled at the same time, “Um… sure! I need to do some painting,” he answered. “But wouldn’t your boyfriend care if you do?” he questioned.

“My boyfriend…” she wondered confused, “oh him! He’s not my boyfriend.” He’s an ass! She thought.

“Oh okay, well come on then,” he told her.

“Just let me change,” she told him.

She walked in to see a very angry Ashton glaring at the door like he wanted to rip it out, “I’m next door.”

She walked around him, changed as fast as she could and went next door to help Noah, completely ignoring Ash standing there.