Chapter 13

Hey you!

Yes, YOU!

Remember, tell me my mistakes :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alison couldn’t stop think about Ash. What if she hadn’t spoken up? What if she hadn’t left? Would he have kissed her? Did he care for her? Would he-

Her thoughts were cut off when the door swung open. Noah stood with a grin on his face. “Welcome to my chamber,” he said.

Alison chuckled as she walked in. “Where shall we begin,” she asked playing along.

“I have already completed the moving of furniture. Maybe a beautiful lassie like you should start in the most appropriate food chamber.”

She teasing replied, “What?! Women are not kept in the kitchen. I shall do whatever I please,”

“As you say madam,” Noah mockingly bowed.

Alison looked around the room to see the furniture awkwardly set up. “The loveseat would look better there,” she said pointing, “and the couch should be there. Oh and then we should work on setting the TV up on the wall. Do you know where the wall mount is?”

“It’s on the kitchen counter for some reason. First help me move the couches woman, and then we do the rest.”

Alison and Noah moved the couches to their appropriate places, and it had taken less time than Alison had originally thought it would.

She started walking towards the kitchen when she heard, “I liked it better before.”

She turned her head to see Noah walking right behind her. “Well too bad,” she said, still walking.

She was too busy looking behind her to notice the box that she tripped over. To stop Ali from falling, Noah reached out to grab her, only to fall down with her.

Ali was trapped between Noah and the floor when she heard a heartbreaking sound. She kneed Noah, effectively moving him, and quickly jumped to her feet to see none other than Ashton standing in front of her.

She opened her mouth to justify herself, but the look on his face stopped her. The heartbroken look on his face hurt her deeply. Instead of saying a word, she walked up to Ashton and wrapped her arms around him. She felt his arms come around her and hold her tightly. She only then realise the pain in her back.

“What the hell Alison! That hurt,” Alison heard Noah scream. Shocked, she jumped away from Ash.

“Well you fell on me, that hurt too,” she said right back. Alison was angry. Not because he hurt her, but because he ruined their moment.

“Well that was an accident,” he growled, “unlike you, who hit me!”

“What happened to you?” she questioned softly.

“What happened to me? What about you? You’re the one who hit me and then went running to him.” He yelled back. Alison caught the way he said the word ‘him’; like it was dirt. Then a thought came to her, Is he jealous? She realised that it didn’t matter. His act was unforgivable either way.

It hit her like a truck. She cared for Noah, but she just cared for Ash a lot more.

“Let’s go Ash. Goodbye Noah,” she had chosen to say after a lot of contemplating.

Alison turned to Ashton in time to see him nod. Ali felt him wrap his arm around her waist and pull her towards the door.

Before they left the apartment, Alison noticed that the door was still locked from inside.

“How did you get in?” she asked him curiously.

“I walked through the wall,” he stated softly.

“Why? You could’ve come through the door like normal person, instead of risking Noah from seeing you.”

She saw something change in his features, like he suddenly remember something.

“We have to leave,” he said seriously.

“Leave?” Alison was confused.

“Yes. They found you. We have to leave. Go somewhere else, change our names,” he explained, “I made the stupidest mistake to use my real name for the apartment. I’m sorry.”

“It’s okay; I’ll go pack while you get everything else.”

By the end of the day, Ash had gotten a truck and they had all their belongings in the back. It took them all day, but by eight pm, they were on the road, out of the apartment.

They drove quietly for 30 minutes.

“So, you said that my parents were half human. Where are my grandparents? I’ve always wanted a grandpa.” Ali asked disturbing the silence.

“You had two human grandmothers.” He told her.

“Had, that means they aren’t alive.” It wasn’t a question.

Then a thought popped into her head, “Are there born angels,” she asked voicing it.

“Born angels?” Alison could tell Ash was confused.

“Yea, you said my parents were born half-angels. So are there children born as angels?” she wondered.

Ashton laughed, “No, our females cannot conceive. That’s why both your human grandparents were female.

“How did my mother conceive me then?”

“You’re forgetting the half-human detail.”

This confused Alison, so Ash clarified, “Okay, Angels are not like humans. Therefore, they cannot get sick or old. Angels do not grow, nor do they change. So, females cannot conceive. Males however, after hitting puberty, they do not change at all.”

“So my mother was more human than angel?” Ali inquired.

Your mother was half human, meaning she grew, and she changed, your father as well. Both your grandmothers had to be human and your grandfathers angels. The thing that I find very odd is how the two half-human children met. I highly doubt it was a coincidence. And that means it was planned, and if that’s so, who was in on the plan, and who wants to get to you?” he wondered aloud.

“Well, there’s only two people who would know; the ones who planned it. Only my grandfathers’ knew what they were trying to accomplish. And the only way to find out is to ask them.”

Ash’s voice was dripping with sarcasm, “Really?”

“I was just trying to help. Plus it’s true.”

“It is, but the only way to ask it to find them first.”

“One of my grandfathers is from the Praishea. So can’t you find him?”

“No, I can’t. I’ve tried, but someone’s got your grandfather blocked. All I’ve found is your parents’ names as well as your grandmothers’; however, both your grandmothers passed away and have been reborn.” Ash replied frustrated.

“How can information be blocked?”

“Well, like a website, there is a creator, and others working to update it. Well, the Engeny also has a creator; Tanakh actually. It also has a group of angels working for it. It is updated every second. This group is led by Harold, and everyone has no choice but to listen to him. Whatever he says happens. As a matter of fact, he chooses if something will change or not.” Ashton explained.

Alison found it shocking when she realised how much she had yet to learn about the world she never knew she was related to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hope this makes up for that short chapter a while back :$

I tried to make it long