Chapter 11

Any mistakes???

Yeah?

Well whatcha waitin for? Tell me :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 11

Alison spent her day with Noah. She was really starting to like him. As they set up his apartment, they decided to play 20 questions. Alison agreed only if she had a choice to skip and question she didn’t want to answer.

“Alright then you start!” Noah told her.

“Okay well, what’s your favorite colour?” she asked.

“I was hoping you wouldn’t ask that,” he said, his face slowly changing colour. “It’s pink actually,” Noah answered his face now the colour of a tomato.

Alison really didn’t expect that. She laughed, “Oh My! Really, PINK?” After she calmed down she said “Okay, Your turn.”

“What’s your full name?” he asked.

“Alison Smith”

“What’s your middle name?”

“It’s my turn!”

“You didn’t answer my question!” he accused, “I asked for your full name!”

“Ugh! It’s Alison Berry Smith! Happy?”

“Berry?!” now it was his turn to laugh, “what kind of parents would name you berry?”

“My face was red and I looked like a berry apparently,” she admitted.

Noah chuckled,“okay then, your turn!”

“Um… where did you live before this?” she asked

“Montreal, my parents lived here before and I loved it here so I came back,” Alison noticed his barely-there accent as he said this.

“Oh… wow, I’m from Canada too, Toronto actually,” she smiled, “Your turn,”

“So Berry, what’s your favorite colour?”

“It’s Alison and a tie between green and purple,” she told him.

“What’s your favorite holiday?”

“Um…it’s Christmas.” He looked at her face and quickly added, “No, not for the toys. I just like Christmas best. What was your favorite childhood toy?”

“It’s my stuffed Barney, hence the green and purple. Who’s your favorite person ever?”

“You want me to say you, but I’d have to say me!” Noah joked. “Who’s the boy you’re living with?

“That’s Ash. Um…who’s in your family?” she asked changing the topic.

“Skip. I don’t want to talk about that,” he said sadly, “How about you? Who’s in your family?”

Alison didn’t know how to answer that question, “Skip.” Ali really didn’t want to talk about it either.

Thankfully, Noah got the hint, “Okay, then what’s your dream job?” he asked, changing the topic. They spent the next two hours playing random games as they worked. By the end of it, the apartment was painted, and just needed to dry a little more.

“Well, I guess I’ll come back tomorrow and we can set everything up. Plus, you said your furniture should be here tomorrow right?” she continued when he nodded, “Bye Noah.” Alison went to grab her keys and turned to the door, intending to let herself out. “Lock the door!” she said back.

Noah walked up to her and gave her an unexpected hug and kiss on the cheek, “See you tomorrow.”

“Uh… yea…tomorrow… right! Bye!” she said as she quickly made her way to her apartment. Alison closed the door and lent against it. Alison could still feel his lips on her cheek.

“Your back I see,”Ash said coldly. Without giving her a chance to reply he said, “I’ve been doing more research about you.”

“What did you find?” she asked scared.

“Sit down,” he told her. Ash repeated what he found out to Alison.

“So where’s my father?” she asked.

“He was killed a few days before you were born, but your mother got away. The rest you know.”

“Where’s my mother now?”

“I don’t know yet!”

“Wait! You said he died, but souls go to either the Praishea or Aralasis. So my father must be somewhere.”

“Well if he had been sent to the Praishea, he would be reborn, but he went to the Aralasis and he is stuck there forever.”

“How do you know that’s where he went?”

“Come on Ali, He was an Adaggon descendent. That’s obviously where he would’ve gone.”

“But he was half human,”

“Yes he was, think of it like this. Say that when a person –Joe- is born, on a scale from 1 to 20, Joe is at a rating -let’s call it- of ten. Every time Joe does something good, his rating goes up, but every time he does something bad, his rating goes down. By the time Joe dies, if his rating is closer to 1, he goes to the Aralasis and vise-versa.” Alison nodded, showing she gets it. Ash continued; his voice dripping with ice, “Okay, so when your father was born, he would be at a rating of 5 instead of 10 and your mother at a rating of 15. Since he was a son of Adaggon, he has some extra ‘bad’ in him, where as your mother, the daughter of Tanakh, would have extra ‘good’ in her. Your father’s rating would most likely go down, and your mothers up. But get this, I didn’t find your mother’s soul anywhere. Not in the Praishea and not in the human world.”

And Alison did. She understood, but that didn’t mean that it hadn’t hurt. It hurt her, it hurt her a lot!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It’s quite slow at this point, I know, but don't worry.

It gets better!