Chapter 21

last chapter

kinda cliche i gotta admit :$

Chapter 21

Alison felt amazing. She sat up, and looked down at herself. She was wearing a white gown with maroon embroidery. She didn't remember when put it on, but it was beautiful.

Thinking back, she didn't remember much. She looked around. When she saw what room she was in, she paled. It all came back to her, the hospital, running away, the apartment, running away again, the kidnapping, and getting stabbed.

Her eyes landed on a group of people near the door. Three of them faced her but there was one boy, who looked strangely familiar, that stood with his back to her. The lady look familiar too, but she couldn't tell why. When the lady made eye contact with Ali, she gasped. Then Ali heard a few more gasps.

The boy turned around and Alison's breath caught. "Ash," she sighed.

As if her voice broke some invisible barrier, Ash ran forward and wrapped his arms around her.

She pulled back reluctantly, to see tears in his eyes.

Alison got up, and her eyes fell on the bed. Involuntarily, she sucked in a breath.

Alison found herself staring down at the girl with wide eyes.

On the bed was Alison, or at least a girl who had the same face.

Her torso was covered in blood, her once-vibrant eyes wide open, her body limp. Slowly, Alison turned back towards Ash.

She came face to face with a beauty. This lady was the ultimate definition of beautiful. She had gorgeous golden-brown hair, which fell to her waist in waves. Her eyes were also a golden-yellow colour. Her pink full lips turned bent up at the ends, forming a smile. She had on an elegant white, floor-length gown.

Alison just stared at the lady. At the back of her head, she knew who this lady was. At that moment, though, she couldn’t think; everything about her screamed royalty.

Ash’s chuckle brought her back. She turned to glare at him, “and what are YOU laughing at?”

“I actually thought that when you meet Her highness Tanakh, you wouldn’t react like everyone else did. Guess I was wrong, hmm?”

Alison glared playfully, “HEY! I’m only human, kill me!” she joked.

Ash’s expression dropped. Ali could see the sadness in him eyes, “Ali, you’re not human. You were already murdered” he said softly.

“It was a joke,” Alison rolled her eyes; she really didn’t feel any different. She knew she was dead, but she didn’t mind. She was with her family now. Yes, she was murdered, but he is now gone. From here on out, her life will only get better for as long as she lives.

This realisation shocked her. She remembered a conversation with Ash long ago, the chosen souls turn into Guardian Angels. The rest are re-born.

She would never have her happy ending with Ash. She threw herself onto him and hugged him close, clutching his clothes in attempt to never be separated.

Confused, Ash asked, “Ali? What’s wrong?”

Alison didn’t want to answer that question; she knew that if she did, she would break into tears.

She didn’t have to answer, “She doesn’t want to get separated from you Ashton,” Tanakh stated bluntly.

Ali felt Ash’s body freeze beneath her grip. “No,” he said, “your highness, please don’t do this. Please let her be with me.”

Tanakh chuckled, “Really Ashton, how long have you had to get to know me?”

“Your highness, I-”

Ashton was cut off, but a “No,” from Tanakh.

Alison was scared. She couldn’t live without her Ash; she loved him too much to leave him.

Wait! Ali thought I love him?!

She risked a glance at him face, and she could see he was scared. Ali wanted to take that away. Right then, she was one-hundred percent sure that she loved the man as much as he loved her.

Tanakh laughed, “Child, I will not separate you. I have an offer instead. You, both of you shall together work under Harold, in the Praishea, for as long as you wish. My offer to you is to live, with your family forever. You may visit your ‘adoptive family’ whenever you wish.”

Both Ali and Ash were so shocked, they could pass as statues. Harold snapped his fingers right in front of their face.

Ali didn’t know how, but the next second she was lifted in the air being spun around in a circle. Ash’s body was shaking in laughter. Both their faces had relief written clearly across them.

They stopped spinning, and the next second were in the middle of a group hug.

Alison could she tears in both her mother’s eyes, along her father’s eyes. She reached one hand towards her mother tears and the other towards her father.

“I love you sweetheart, we both love you,” her mother told her while her father nodded. Then they were awkwardly hugging her again, considering Ash still had his arm around her waist.

Alison wrapped her arms around her parents and held them close, “I know.”

They moved away from her to look at each other. Ali felt like she was intruding on a private moment, so she turned away to look at her Ash.

Ash had the biggest smile on his face, and she could help but stare. “I love you my Ash,” she said, lost in the moment.

Ash brought his face closer, “I love you too, and I will never let you go. You are mine, forever,” and then he was kissing her.

Ali never believed in the ‘fireworks’ statement, but there was no way she would deny it any longer.

well theres no epilogue

only cause i think you can make up your own little ending

i like it like this :)