Chapter 14

So GUESS WHAT!

I know I made mistakes!

so tell me if you see one

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 14

As Ash explained this to Ali, he noticed something didn’t make sense.

“Well if Harold makes all the important decisions, he should know everything.” Alison clarified talking mostly to herself.

Ashton realised Harold should know who her grandfather was, “Yea! He should!”

“Well he should know who my father is then too right?” Alison asked hopefully.

“He might,” Ash responded absent-mindedly. He was going to look in it.

Thinking further into the matter, he wondered why Harold didn’t tell him when Harold knew Ash was looking for that information. “Something’s not right,” Ash didn’t realised he had talked out loud until Ali responded.

“What’s wrong? Is someone following us? Are we going the wrong way?” she question not without worry.

“No, sorry, I was thinking about something else,” Ashton saw Ali visibly relax, and hoped she believed him.

“Oh, okay, well where are we going now?” Ali questioned.

“Well, I was thinking British Columbia, or Alberta maybe. We need to make a quick stop. I know a man who can get us all the fake ID’s that we need.”

“Can my name be Alisa Stark? It’s close to my real name so it’d be easier to respond,” she asked excited.

Ashton was amazed. She didn’t seem to be fazed at all about the illegal aspect of it. “Um, sure it can.”

“Your name can be Ashram Ferguson,” she chuckled.

Ash laughed. He looked at Ali to see she was eating chocolate. She had a bunch of wrappers on her lap. No wonder! He thought to himself. Alison and chocolate was never a good idea. Ash always tried to keep the chocolate away from her, but somehow, she managed to get the chocolate anyway.

Alison reached to turn on the radio. Immediately, the car was filled with music. Much to Ash’s amusement, Alison spent her sugar rush singing loudly to almost every song, Ash joining in on his favorites.

Completely drained of energy, Alison fell asleep snoring softly.

As Ali slept, Ashton’s thoughts drifted back to Harold, Why would Harold do this? What angel had gotten away with such a crime, and why didn’t Harold tell Tanakh? If he did tell Tanakh, than it why did she ignore it? Who is close enough to Harold for him to keep such a secret for?

Ashton concluded that only Tanakh was close to him, and she was a female so she was automatically ruled out. With a jolt, he suddenly got it!

“Harold!” he said a little too loudly.

Startled, Alison gave a little scream.

“Sorry, you’ve only been asleep for two hours,” Ashton told her, quite shocked. He didn’t know where the time flew to.

“Oh, well I’ll talk to you about this in the morning, if I remember that is. Goodnight then,” Alison said sleepily, her voice muffled. She went right back to sleep.

The next few hours were spent in silence. Ash was so bored he was very close to shaking Ali awake so he would have company.

He heard Ali yawn and shuffle around. Oh, never mind, no shaking her, he thought. “Good morning elly-belly!”

“Uh…Good Morning Ash-…um…Ash,” she said back completely lost.

Ash chuckled, “ash-ash, really Ali? You could do better than that.”

“Well, I just woke up!”

“Oh, um sorry about earlier, I didn’t mean to wake you.”

“Oh right! You practically screamed Harold. You gave me a freaking heart attack at that,” she said tossing a piece of gum into her mouth. “What about him? Do you think he knows who my grandfather is?” she questioned hopefully.

Ashton chuckled dryly at her question, “oh, he knows who your grandfather is alright! Of course, telling anyone is a totally different concept.”

“But why wouldn’t he tell us?” Alison asked confused.

“Let’s just say that he had a secret to hide, by any means necessary.” Ash knew this confused Alison even more but he needed to confirm his suspicion before he told her. He was saved when he quickly added; “Here we are,” stopping the car. “Make yourself presentable, because you’re coming with me.”

They had stopped at what looked like a tall office building. The look on Alison’s face had Ashton chuckling.

Alison scoffed. “It looks like it’s made of glass. You sure it’s not going to break?” she asked in awe.

Ash laughed, “Don’t worry; I’ll save you if it does.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Should I continue this story???

Awwww, ASH!