frantic hopes

AN: Hey there, did you know Aella won an award?

I didn't even know it was nominated XD  check this link for many fabulous stories : https://www.wattpad.com/369787867-the-crystal-awards-2016-closed-winners-circle/page/2

This is a small chappy, but i promise not to take long to update the next one ;)

~~~~~~~

Ithel

I looked at the horizon beyond the sea from above the big tree, his favorite tree. I prayed for the spirits, even Ceri's mother, and I waited for some kind of a sign or revelation, but nothing happened. I didn't know where to head next. Everywhere was still a possibility, even though Alev and some other Aellos were helping in the search.

How could more than five good hunters sweep the area and not find anything, not a single trace?

And that was when it hit me.

Maybe we haven't found him because he was beyond our reach. We were many to look, but there was a whole territory that was forbidden for us. It wasn't as large as the Aello territory, but large enough for hunting......... and hiding

It had to be her. I was more certain now than ever. And even though the mere idea of it terrorized me, it now seemed like the most plausible solution.

I climbed down the huge, thick tree and jumped off it. Then without hesitation, I rushed to the perimeter of our land.

I didn't stop to inform anyone or even try to send a message to Alev. If my assumption was wrong, Alev may get in real trouble since this wouldn't be his first mishap with the Aellas. Who knew what punishment they would deem appropriate to him this time?

No, Alev needed to remain safe. My Ceri needed his father, and I'd never do anything that would wound his innocent heart.

And if Cailyn heard about this, he'd never let me do it. He may even prohibit me by force just to protect the sweet relationship he thinks he managed to establish with the children bearers. The most Cailyn would do, is call a meeting with Leader Sosanbra. And from what Ceri told me, she didn't have the reigns tight on her clan lately. The politeness of our Leaders as they'll try to navigate to a decision will cost me so much precious time.

I couldn't put Alev in harm's way and I couldn't wait for the two lions to negotiate. Especially if my doubts were true. For, in that case, the real culprit will be alarmed, and she might do anything to remain unexposed.

By the time I stepped into the Aella territory, it was past sunset. Instead of making a torch, I preferred moving in the dark. There were certainly Aella hunters surveying somewhere. My guess was that they'd be more focused on guarding their precious mountain. Or more like, the path that Ceri told me about, the only way up to the Aellas' village.

I couldn't search well when the night was darkest. Still, I reached the shore and decided to follow it and go the deepest possible in this unfamiliar territory. I was so determined, that I only noticed how tired I was when my legs almost gave out. I've been running for a day and a half now without any food or water. I knew if I kept acting like this, I'd be unable to pursue my Ceri any longer. So I chose a tall tree and climbed it, and then I rested for an hour. I monitored the area as far as I could see from the top of the tree, looking for any movement, light from a torch or other. But all I saw, was the faint light from a very high spot, which I assumed was where the Aellas lived.

'Don't look so worried, Ithel. If you can't claim me on the next Agape, I will claim you'

I woke up with a jolt when his sweet voice tickled my senses, and a lump formed in my throat when I realized that I was just dreaming.