Once and for all

AN: Hey bunnies, gather around the fire and let me read you this chapter about our dearest Aellos

This chapter is the end

.

....

......... End of part two. Next chapter will be the beginning of part three ;)

Wuv uuuuuuu :*

~~~~

Ithel

I ran in a hurry, going as fast as I could. My back was hunched over and I continuously watched my surroundings. It was difficult to move quickly with the slippery rocks beneath my feet and the sound of the waves.

I felt weak, hungry, and thirsty. My only motivation was the hope that soon I'll be able to sit in peace with my Aella in the same den. I yearned for the days of tranquility to come back. Those days when we played all day in the sea. We ate whenever we wanted, we slept whenever we wanted, and I told him stories about life that made him gaze at me in awe with a delicious glint in his eyes.

I sighed when I tripped and fell. I had to focus and go back to him soon. The night was still dark, but it will soon be dawn and it will be dangerous for us to stay on this island.

Suddenly, I felt movement to my left. It was close to the forest so I ducked lower and approached the trees with caution. My instincts awakened and made me turn around to strike, but before I did anything, I was grabbed by the shoulder and pushed against a tree.

My eyes met those of an angry Aello who was breathing as heavily as I was

"You left him? You abandoned him!!"

"No, Alev-"

"WHERE'S MY SON!! You were supposed to protect him!"

"I didn't abandon him!", I explained after pushing him away from me. "I had to come find a raft to leave here as soon as possible"

He glared at me suspiciously and then looked slightly calmer, but the worry didn't leave his eyes. "Your guard is down. Anyone would've attacked you."

"...... Sorry". I was frankly too tired and hungry. Also too focused on finding a raft.

He sighed and then asked, "Where is he?"

"On the shore. About an hour that way."

"We need to get to him right away. This place is about to be searched"

"I know. Essylt told us."

"And where is that Aello?? I specifically told him to make sure you leave safely!"

"We ran into an Aella hunter on the way here. So we separated and he went to lead her away from us. He... He also said that you're the one who convinced Cailyn to let us go"

He scoffed bitterly, "Convinced. That selfish wolf was thinking about nothing but his own plans. I challenged him and I won. Your freedom is no favor of his"

I nodded. "Ceri is very worried about you..."

"......... Is he alright? I was told he-", he couldn't finish and I didn't wait for the sickening thought to settle any longer.

"He's strong."

"How did you find him? how did you know he was on this territory??"

He sounded almost regretful, probably blaming himself for not finding his son.

"I didn't know. I just followed my instincts"

He sighed and descended the rocks, walking towards the sea. I followed him and asked, "Weren't you imprisoned by Cailyn?"