Chapter8~Hunter

During the show, I spotted Ryan in the crowd with his little sister on his shoulders. Their seats were located near the stage, and I saw that Ash had noticed him, too. I caught myself glaring at him a couple times, but I don't know why... I also put a little extra effort into my vocal and guitar solos, but Ash didn't even seem to notice.

'Wait...Ash...? Why do I care about impressing her? I have Marissa...' I dismissed the confusing thought just in time to harmonize with Hazel.

I walked as close to Ash as I could without pulling out my guitar amp cord, but she wasted no time going in the other direction.

'This is going to be harder than I thought.'

As we ran backstage for our mid-show wardrobe change, I held Eric back so I could talk to him without anyone else hearing.

"What's up, Hunter?" He turned to look at me as I removed my hand from his shoulder.

I sighed as I tried to think of how to word my thoughts. "I uh..."

"Yeah...?"

'Should I tell him how I've been feeling about Ash? That I was a tiny bit jealous of Ryan? Should I wait a little longer before telling him anything until I'm sure of myself?' As the options ran through my mind, I finally settled on the latter.

"I, uh, was just wondering... Where do you stand on the gummy bear-gummy worm debate?"

'What did I just say? Gummy bear-gummy worm debate? Smooth, Hunter. Reeeaaaaal smooth.'

Eric gave me a funny look before saying, "Gummy worms, I guess. Where did you come up with that question?"

"Oh... uhhh... I saw it on twitter?"

That was a lie. It was actually something one of my old friends from high school asked me one time. I was actually quite surprised that I remembered it let alone used it to save myself from making things awkward.

"Okaaaay..." He dragged out the word. "Now what were you really going to say?"

"Just the candy question. I was going for a dramatic build up, and I guess it worked." I grinned cheekily, and Eric believed me.

"Hunter Marvey, you're a strange man." He laughed as he shook his head.

I opened the dressing room door and we got our second outfits off of the clothing rack.

After everyone finished getting changed and had their stage makeup touched up, we made our way back to the stage.

As the video we play to keep the fans entertained started to end, I noticed we were standing in silence, each one of us deep in thought. And believe me, you never hear our names and "silence" used in the same sentence. I decided to break the painful quietness with one of my infamous jokes. I had to make it a good one now that I found out Ash likes them too. Not that I care or anything.

"What did the paper and the scissors say to their friend?"

I watched in enjoyment as smirks slowly appeared on my bandmates' faces. Oh, how I love to tell jokes.

"I don't know, what?" Shawn smiled, prepared to roll his eyes the second I told them my answer.

"You rock!" I started to cackle obnoxiously and I received a couple concerned looks from crew members as they passed by.

I looked around at my bandmates who were all initially wearing matching blank looks.

"Gosh, that was awful." Hazel said as she exaggeratedly smacked her forehead.

Just as I had predicted, Shawn rolled his eyes and shook his head. Ash tried to hold back the grin that was threatening to form on her lips, and Eric just started laughing and repeating over and over how stupid it was and how he had know clue why he was laughing.

"Just another one to add to the books." Shawn chuckled.

My eyes grew wide with fear. "YOU FOUND MY JOKE BOOK?!" I had kept a secret journal of jokes and puns that no one knew about, and I planned to keep it that way. I felt as though I'd get judged for having a journal, not to mention it being filled with "stupid" jokes.

"What joke book?"

'Phewwwww...' I mentally sighed. 'That's a relief...'

"Just kidding..."

"Alright, guys and gals. The stage is all yours!!" Rachael called out as she made her way over to us.

'Oh, thank goodness. Rachael to the rescue!'

I picked up my bass and slung the strap over my shoulder.

"Let's go smash this thing...again." I smiled at my band fam.

I had forgotten all about my stupidity from earlier that day until I caught Ash's eye for a split second before she looked away again. I didn't get a long look at her eyes, but for the tiny amount of time I gazed into them, I saw her emotions. I saw sadness, confusion, and sincerity. It took me another second to register that I was the one who caused those feelings she was trying so desperately to hide. The smile fell from my face. 'Oh no... why was I just acting so carefree like nothing happened? Like nothing mattered to me? Now she thinks I don't care about her and...and... I'll never get her back...as a friend, of course. Yeah, friend... Way to go, Hunter. Once again, you blew it.'

~~~~~~##~~~~~~~##~~~~~~~##~~~~~

(A/N:)
Heyyyyyoooooooo! Here's the latest. :)
Ughhhhh I'm sorry it's boring... it's kinda like a filler... oops sry... ,:(
But I PROMISE you the next few chapters are action packed and surprise filled, so hold on, folks! *Cough, cliffhangers, cough*

Welllll,,,, it's 1:19 in the morning... but who needs sleep, am I right? Just kidding, sleep is good for you. Sleep. Always. Sleep. :)

Anyyyyywho... I'm probably ranting gibberish now and I'll read this later on and realize how stupid I sound. XD Whatever, hahah.

Thanks so so so much for reading and have a great morning/afternoon/evening/day/whatever else I missed.

Love y'all!!

Stay cool😎

~T🍀👌