Chapter9~Ashlynn

The show ran pretty smoothly. We all love drama and decided at the beginning of the tour to incorporate it into our stage performances. Because of this, we had to act out some of the stories behind our songs, making it awkward when I had to interact with Hunter. But as they always say, the show must go on!! And so it did.

I was a little confused, but mostly hurt, when Hunter acted like he didn't even care about what had gone down only a few hours earlier. I was starting to have mixed thoughts about the whole situation. During dinner, it seemed almost as if he was going to apologize, but he never did. I'm not one to hold grudges, especially not over my close friends, but I was at least expecting an apology. Was that so wrong?

I started to get sad when I realized that the show was almost over. We sang "Other Half of Me", a song I wrote by myself, last. When we finished, we thanked everyone for coming out and wished them all a good night. I took one last look out at the sea of people. The same people that have made everything possible for us. I wished so badly that I could thank each and every one of them.

'Goodnight, LA.' I smiled.

I realized that everyone else had walked off of the stage except for me. I ran towards the exit and the spotlight that had been following me faded.

I climbed down the stairs backstage and started to make my way down the hall to the dressing rooms. I pulled my earpieces out and took off the mic box. My ears were buzzing, a feeling most people would despise, but I enjoyed it. It reflected how I felt onstage.

I yanked open the door to the dressing room and Hazel ran over and hugged me. "Great job, Ash!! You really nailed your solos!!"

"Thanks so much!!!! You were much better than me." I insisted.

She opened her mouth to argue, but Eric cut her off.

"Come on, guys. Time to put on your onesies so we can go to the Pajama Party."

My heart fluttered when I remembered Ryan would be there. I ran over to the clothing rack again, this time to grab a mint blue onesie with my initials on it: AHS (Ashlynn Heather Spirk). Eric had taken up the responsibility of coordinating our post-show meet and greet outfits when we were planning out the tour a half a year ago. He thought it would be funny if we each had a personalized onesie in our favorite colors to meet people in. Word got out that we wore them each time, and after a month into the tour, some fans with backstage passes started wearing onesies too. We called the place we chill with them "The Pajama Party" for lack of a better name. It was Hunter's idea, by the way.

I ran to the bathroom and put on my onesie. Then, I sought out Rosalina and asked her if she could put my hair in two French braids. Once she was finished, I threw on some moccasins, applied some lipstick, and met up with Hazel, Shawn, and Eric outside of the room.

"Well, it's about time you're finished." Shawn teased.

"Yea, why are you all fancied up? You never change your hair or put lipstick on for a meet and greet after a show." Eric smirked.

"Yea, I do. Just not all the time. I just felt like trying something new with my hair." I told them. "Where's Hunt?" I glanced around but he was nowhere to be seen.

"He was just here a minute ago..." Eric scratched his head.

"Yea I could've sworn he was..." Hazel chimed in.

"I'll call him." Shawn offered. He pulled his phone out of his pocket and tapped the screen a couple times before lifting it to his ear.

We waited in silence.

"He's not picking up." Shawn said when the call went to voicemail.

I heard voices that seemed to be nearby.

'Marissa is supposed to be here after the show!' I remembered. 'Maybe they were talking about her cheating on him...'

"Guys, stay here. I think I know where he is..." I started to walk away.

"Why can't we come?" Hazel questioned.

"Just trust me, ok? I won't be too long." I started jogging down the hall where the voices were coming from. They grew louder with each step. Finally, I stopped outside of the room they were coming from.

I was just about to grab the door handle when Hunter's voice stopped me.

"So, you never cheated on me at all?" His voice was soft as he spoke.

"How could I do that to someone as amazing as you?"

'You're not really believing this brat, are you? C'mon, Hunter, you're smarter than this.'

"I'm sorry I ever doubted you."

"Where did you ever get such a crazy idea anyway?" She giggled.

"I don't know... I guess it was in a dream or something and I just got worried."

"Well, I can assure you that there's nothing to worry about when you're with me."

It got silent. They were probably kissing. I blinked back the tears of frustration.

'He told me he trusts me more than anyone!!! Why won't he listen to me?' I sighed. 'Well, at least I have Ryan. Ryan. He is probably waiting in the "Pajama Party" lounge right now.'

I smiled, excited to see him again. I ran back down the hall and almost crashed into my band when I turned the corner.

"Jeez, Ash! There are speed limits around here!" Eric joked. "Where's Hunter??"

"Oh, uh... I think he's coming. I heard him talking to someone and I didn't want to interrupt so I came back."

As if on cue, Hunter turned the corner, hand-in-hand with Marissa. I couldn't help but think how wrong they were for each other.

"Let's go guys!" Hunter ran toward the lounge.

We burst through the doors and the room exploded with screams. There were only about 15 people in the room, but the noise level was as loud as 50 people.

People ran up to each of us, hugged us, took pictures with us, and asked for autographs on posters and CDs.

They formed a line and I spotted Ryan at the end. He was biting his nails; a nervous habit, probably. I saw Hunter glaring at him.

'Jeez. What's his problem?' I asked myself.

When Ryan made his way to the front, he dropped his hand from his mouth and gave a dimpled smile.

"Thanks so much for the backstage passes! I'm glad I-we-got to see you again." He blushed and glanced at his sister.

"I'm glad you came!" I smiled. Then someone yanked me back by the arm.

"Excuse us for a second." Hunter smirked at Ryan.

"What are you doing?!"

"Come with me..."

  :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):

(A/N:)
Hey, I wrote more!! Yayyyyy!! I actually have about 40 chapters already written but I decided to go back and add in Hunter's POV instead of it just being Ashlynn's so ya that's what I'm currently working on... :)

What is your favorite time of year and why?? I'm curious :p mine goes from the beginning of Thanksgiving break until the end of Christmas break because of all of the fun things and traditions and stuff. I'd go into detail, but frankly no one cares.😂 I've already made this author's note too long so imma go now...✌️

Love you ❤️ and thanks for reading👌

Baiiiiii guyyyyyyyys👋

~T🖤🍝