Chapter15~Ashlynn

2:58 a.m. I had been drifting in and out of sleep since about 12:30. My mind was racing, thinking about Hunter and Ryan. I decided to get up and write some lyrics in the lounge until I couldn't keep my eyes open any longer.

As I hopped out of my bunk, I tried to stay as quiet as possible so that I wouldn't wake anyone up. I lifted my mattress slightly and pulled out my secret songbook and my favorite pen.

I sleepily walked into lounge and shut the door. It was all dark except for the moonlight coming through the windows. As I made my way towards my favorite chair, I saw a shadowy figure sitting about 5 feet away from me.

"Hey, Ash." It was Hunter.

"Hunter? You scared the heck out of me!!! What are you doing up at this time of day?!"

"I can't get to sleep."

"Why not?"

"I couldn't go to sleep because I never got to finish talking to you earlier."

"About what?" I asked.

"Come here." He moved over a bit.

As I got closer, I noticed he was holding an ice pack to his knuckles.

"So, it isn't any better, is it?"

"Ehhh. I'll survive." He said as I sat down next to him. "Ash, you don't have to do this, you know."

"Do what? What are you talking about?"

"Forgive me. I've been the worst friend ever. I need to live with the consequences of my actions..."

"Hunter! Please stop saying that! We all make mistakes. It's not like you've committed a felony!"

"Yea, but I completely lost my temper and my mind!! I just don't deserve someone like you-."

"For the millionth time, Hunt, stop saying that!! You deserve everything you have in life and so much more!! You're being too hard on yourself!"

He was quiet when he spoke. "I just can't get rid of the image of you crying...because of me...it drives a stake through my heart to know I caused you so much pain..." His emerald eyes were brimming with tears.

"Can I ask you a question?" I asked.

"You can ask me anything, you know that."

"Why did you do this to yourself?" I reached out and gently held his wrist, careful not to touch his hand because of how much pain he seemed to be in.

"I...I...was so mad at myself for how I treated you that I just let it loose... I know I shouldn't have done that but I couldn't help it."

"Hunt, promise me you'll never do something so stupid again?" I rested my head on his shoulder and let my tears fall.

"I promise." He let his head gently rest on mine. The dam that was holding back his tears broke, and they cascaded down his soft cheeks. "Thank you, Ash, for being such an amazing person. You have truly changed me into a better person."

"Thank you, Hunt, for being such a genuine guy. You have changed me into a better person as well."

Finally, I felt at peace. My head was no longer spinning with concern and the tiredness started to set in.

I struggled to keep my eyes open but I eventually gave in and let sleep overtake me. With Hunter's head leaning on mine, I drifted off into dreamland.

{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]{]

(A/N:)

Thanks for reading!! I'll keep this note short and sweet for once lol!😉 What's your favorite food?? Mine's Cajun chicken fettuccine Alfredo.🍜🍝🍗

Love you guys sm🖤

~T🔥😏