Chapter21~Ashlynn

Something was really wrong with Hunter. I didn't know what to do so I got up from my seat to ask Jimmy for a water bottle. When I turned around, I saw Hunt sprawled on the floor of the SUV with his eyes closed.

"Hunt?! Hunt!! What's wrong?! Wake up!!!!" I had caught Jimmy's attention and he told Phil to get off of the freeway at the next exit.

Suddenly, Hunt's eyes shot open and he stood up, but he must've forgotten he was in a car because he hit his head on his way up. My heart was racing a mile a minute.

He clutched his head where he had hit it and looked over at me, eyes wide with fear.

"Hunt, please lay down." I said gesturing to the car's bench seat. He obeyed and placed his head on my knee, but didn't say a word. "What happened?" I found myself asking him.

He closed his eyes and stuttered, "N-n-nothing."

I noticed his breathing was going back to a normal pace so I informed Phil and Jimmy. They decided that it would best just to get him to the hotel so he can rest.

After a few minutes, I heard small snores coming from sleepy Hunt who was spread out on the seat next to me. I reached out and held his hand so he would know I wasn't going anywhere; that I was there for him.

While we were in a traffic jam, he woke up and I released his hand and brought mine back to my side. He sat up and looked at me with tired eyes, then he turned to face the floor. He began twiddling his fingers, but stopped when I spoke up.

"Did you hear about the person who got hit by an ice cream truck last weekend?"

He shot his head up in concern, only to be met with a smirk from me. "It was worst SUNDAE of his life! Ba-dum-tissss!!"

He let out a small chuckle and seemed relieved that I didn't question him again on what had happened. "Did you hear about the fire at the circus?"

I shook my head, glad he seemed to be feeling better.

"It was IN TENTS!! Get it? Like intense but in tents??"

"Oh, Hunt. You always have the best jokes." I giggled.

"No, no. That would be you, Ash."

We were pulling up to our hotel when I remembered that we would be meeting Ryan to hear him play his bass. I felt a smile tug at my lips as we exited the car.

"What are you smiling about?" Hunter asked.

"Oh, nothing..." I smiled even wider, probably looking like a lunatic.

"Sureeeeeee." He responded.

So no one would be suspicious, and so he could get his guitar, Ryan drove by himself to the hotel while we took the Rover. When we reached the 20th floor, he was waiting for us outside of the elevator.

Hunter looked confused, but then he seemed to remember what we had planned.

"Hey, Ryan! Our room is this way." I lead him down a hall and to the left. "Here we are..." I swiped the room key and opened the door.

"Whoa... This is huge!" Ryan gasped as he stepped into the suite.

Hunter rolled his eyes. "Alright, let's get on with the audition." He muttered. "Ash, do you want to get the rest of the band? I'll get Ryan something to drink."

"Sure..." I hesitated before walking away, unsure what might happen if I left Hunter alone with Ryan.

When I came back with the band, Hunter was glaring at Ryan, who was strumming his guitar. He looked up and stopped playing when we entered the room.

"Ryan, even though you probably already know them, this is Hazel, Shawn, and Eric. Guys, this is Ryan. He might fill in as bass player while Hunter is injured."

After they exchanged greetings, Hunter spoke up. "Let's see what you got."

Ryan smiled and then focused on his guitar.

He flawlessly played the guitar for all of the songs from our latest album.

When he finished, he glanced up to see our reactions. Immediately, everyone clapped. Well, everyone except for Hunter.

"It could use some work." He said as he walked out of the room.

"Is he kidding?! That was amazing!! As long as our manager approves, you're in!!" Hazel exclaimed.

"Yeah, I don't know what's gotten into him lately. You WERE great. I think Rachael will love you." I said encouragingly.

"Thanks." He blushed.

I glanced at Hazel who got the message I was trying to convey. She turned to Shawn and Eric. "Hey guys, I need help coming up with a bridge for a new song. Do you want to take a look at it?"

They nodded and walked away. Just before she disappeared from view, Hazel winked and smirked at me.

I blushed and looked at the ground.

"Hey...um, I was wondering if maybe you would like to get some froyo? I still have an hour and a half until I have to be home..."

"That sounds like fun! I don't know what to do about security though..."

"Oh...yea... I forgot... I hope I'm not coming off strong. I just really want to get to know the real Ashlynn, not just Ashlynn Spirk from No Strings Attached. I want to learn about your favorite memories, your pet peeves, and little things that make you smile."

"Don't worry you're not coming off strong at all. I feel the same way. I want to get to know you better, too."

Before I knew what was happening, he started to lean in. I followed suit and the next thing I knew, we were kissing. It was a slow, sweet, gentle kiss. When we pulled away, I saw Hunter frozen in the middle of the room, mouth open wide.

"Uh...I left my phone on the table..." He grabbed it and ran out of the room.

I looked back at Ryan and I felt myself blush. He was wearing a stupid grin on his face.

"So...froyo?" I smiled.

":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":":"

(A/N:)

Heyyyyyy!! I added mooooreee!! I hope you guys like this chapter and remember to vote, comment, and follow me!! Thanks so much for reading.❤️❤️❤️

What's your favorite fruit?? Mine are raspberries!!🍓(closest thing to a raspberry emoji there is😛)

Love you all!!💙💕

See y'all later!!

~T🙊😄