Chapter16~Hunter

I felt so weak for crying in front of Ashlynn but when she joined in, I felt a little better about myself.

"Thank you, Ash, for being such an amazing person. You have truly changed me into a better person."

"Thank you, Hunt, for being such a genuine guy. You have changed me into a better person as well."

I was so unworthy of her and I couldn't get over how nice she was to me. I didn't deserve an ounce of compassion, but she gave it to me anyway, and that's what baffled me.

I rested my head on top of hers, and after a few minutes her breathing slowed down to a relaxed state, signaling that she had fallen asleep. It was in that moment, with Ash resting her head on my shoulder and gently clutching my arm that I realized it. I was in love with Ash. I felt the biggest smile spread across my lips and a tear fell down my cheek. 'There's no way she could love a guy like you, Hunter. You better enjoy this moment while it lasts because it will never happen again.'

The smile disappeared with the coming of that thought. 'I don't want to lose her... Idiot, she has to be yours in the first place in order to lose her.'

I lifted my head slightly and pressed a kiss to the crown of her head. "I love you." I whispered, as more tears slipped from my eyes.

Realizing I loved Ash was easy. Accepting that she'd never love me back was one of the hardest things ever. And I think that's what sent me back into my state of depression, back down the road to becoming "old Hunter". This meant that more panic attacks, more sleepless nights, more sleep-filled days, and more nervous habits. Not to mention the fake smiles, laughs, and "normal Hunter" antics to keep up. Depression is a full-time job. I got through it when I was 15, so I could do again, right?

Once again, I rested my head on top of Ash's and tried to savor the moment. I started feeling sleepy when I saw the sun rising over the skyline of yet another city. I closed my eyes in hopes of getting a little sleep before we would have to get up and go start our day.

*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*+*

(A/N:)

Well golly!! That was very sad... Sorry guys I hope it wasn't to boring/short/sad.😬 I just wanted to use this chapter to inform y'all of his past and stuff. Please talk to someone if you or someone you know is dealing with depression!! And always remember that you are loved!!❤️❤️

What is your favorite joke or pun? (Trying to lighten the mood a bit😅) Mine is:
Knock knock
Who's there?
Hula
Hula who?
*pop the p*

It's supposed to sound like hula hoop! Get it? No? Okay bye.😣

Haha that was cringe!!😛😝

Ok love you boos!! Bye and thanks for reading!!✌️🤘

~T🐘❄️