Chapter22~Hunter

The car ride back to the hotel was awful. But arriving at the hotel was even worse. I had forgotten Ryan was supposed to meet us there for his audition, and I just wanted him to leave. And he did. After he kissed Ash and asked her out. I just wanted to cry.

The second they had left, I texted Phil and told him to keep an eye on Ryan. There was just something about him that bothered me... but what was it?

A knock on the door echoed through the quiet suite interrupting my thoughts. 'Huh, that's odd. Our suites are never this quiet...'

I left my room and looked through the peephole in the door. It was Marissa.

I let her in and she pulled me into a really tight hug. As I gasped for air, I practically choked on her overwhelmingly strong perfume. 'Geez... does she bathe in that stuff?'

The scent tickled my nose, causing me to sneezed. She pulled away as quickly as she could. "Ewww did you just sneeze on me?! Ughhhh, now I have to go wash myself off."

'What the heck... She is so annoying. How have I never noticed it before? Diva...'

A few minutes later she came back and pulled me to the couch.

"Sorry about that?"

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes.

"Sooo... um... why are you here?" I was trying my hardest not to be rude but she was really getting on my nerves.

"Because, I heard about your injury and I wanted to make you feel better!" She answered like it was obvious. "You're welcome."

"Oh. Okay? I'll go get some snacks and you can pick out a movie." I figured if we watched a show I wouldn't have to listen to her talk.

"Ooooooo!! How about a horror movie!!" She squealed.

'Oh great... she might get scared and try to cuddle with me. I'll choke to death on her perfume...'

"I was thinking more of a comedy; I could use a good laugh."

"Well, how about I surprise you and you go get the food?"

'Well, isn't someone a bit sassy.'

"Sure, whatever." I left her in the living room and entered the kitchen. A fluorescent pink sticky note that was stuck to the fridge immediately caught my eye. I peeled it off and read it.

"Hunter- went to an urgent PR meeting for me, Haze, and Shawn. Be back later!
-Eric"

'No wonder it was so quiet...' I slipped the paper into my pocket and grabbed a bag of chips and two bottles of iced tea from one of the cabinets.

"What took you so long? I've been waiting FOREVERRRRRR." She wrapped her arms around my torso.

'Clingy much?'

"I-uh...just wasn't sure what kind of snack to get..."

"Whatever." She started cuddling me as soon as I sat down, making me squirm in my seat.

"What movie are we watching?"

"You'll see." She grabbed the remote and pressed play. The words "Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone" flashed across the screen.

'Oh great... She knows how much I detest Harry Potter. Well, at least I can get a good nap in.'

After about ten minutes into to the movie, Marissa fell asleep. And thankfully, she was laying on the other side of the couch.

I lowered the volume of the movie so she wouldn't get woken up. I had really been hoping for some quiet time so I decided to take advantage of the opportunity.

I quickly and quietly made my way into the kitchen and hopped up on the island. 'Now...just how do I make use of this time?'

I decided to go on Instagram and read comments on my photos (cause why not).

@xmiajacobsx: your such a fake like does anyone even like you

'Well ouch. But I guess it's true. Hmmm they put 'your' instead of 'you're'...Shut up, Hunter. You're such a nerd.'

@_MRSKLOWSKIE762: what a waste of space. 🙄

@smileruneatrepeat: you need more muscles. You're weak

@kimisgreeaaattt: your voice sounds like someone threw a car full of dog chew toys into a wood chipper

'Well that's rather creative... they forgot the part about the wood chipper being broken though.'

@Hashawzelic_is_life: you used to be ok but now you're just old news #replacehunter

'I don't know why or how I'm still in the band... they should replace me. With someone better. Someone who has talent. Someone who...has Ash. Having Ryan in the band would make Ash happy, and that's the most important thing. I'm probably just jealous; I'm sure there's nothing wrong with him...'

Then I got an idea. I went under the list of people Ash was following until I found one that said @RyanPhilips9. I started looking through some of his pictures until one caught my eye. Just as I started to look at it closely, I felt a hand tilt my chin up. It startled my so much I dropped my phone, but thankfully I had hit the home button before it left my hand.

I jumped off the counter to grab it but Marissa beat me to it. "What were you doing in here?" She started tapping at my phone screen.

I grabbed my phone back. "I just... got a text from management. They want to meet up with me in ten minutes. So... I guess I'll see you later?"

"Oh...ok... Well, I'll see you, then." I walked her back out into the living room and opened the door.

"Thanks for stopping by, goodbye Marissa!"

"Bye, Hunty." She leaned in and kissed me, and I almost gagged.

Once she was gone I let out a sigh of relief. I hate lying, but I had to get rid of her somehow...

'I wonder when Ash is coming home?' The thought stuck in my mind while I put the untouched snacks back in their places.

Then, I sat back down on the couch to wait for her and studied Ryan's Instagram in the meantime. My bandmates came back from their meeting and then, after a few minutes, the door flew open again, this time with Ash on the other side.

@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@-@

(A/N:)

Heyyyy!! Here's the latest!! It's kind of a filler chapter so sorry... but the next one will be pretty interesting I hope...🤞🙃

Btw, the picture at the top is the one he is reading comments from.^^

Thanks so much for reading; I love you all!!❤️❤️❤️

Comment what the temperature is wherever you are...'Cause why not?🌡☀️It's a sunny 75 degrees Fahrenheit where I am.😋

Byeeeeee!

~T🐧💐