Chapter26~Hunter

As we all piled into the Rover, Hazel sat in my usual seat next to Ashlynn. 'She must've told her what happened.' I thought as I sat down next to Eric in the second row.

Hazel and Ash were playing 'I Spy' (I love those goofballs) while Shawn was busy typing on phone. I watched as the street signs passed by and almost fell asleep when I heard someone say my name.

"Hey, Hunter, do you think-" Eric stopped talking when I turned to face him. "Dude, are you alright? You look sick..."

"Yea, I'm good."

"Are you sure you're alright? You keep twiddling your thumbs and you look like you haven't slept for months!!"

This caught Ash's attention. I saw her watch me as I tried to figure out how to answer.

You see, back in freshman year, I had a lot of nervous habits, bags under my eyes, and I was always tired. She had noticed, but I told her that I was up late studying and I just picked up the habits without realizing. Those weren't complete lies either. I couldn't sleep at night, so I figured I'd study what we had done in class while I was in the nurse's office. And the habits I had absentmindedly picked up. She came close to figuring out something wasn't right a couple times, but never found out the truth.

"I-just-couldn'tgettosleeplastnightImust've hadcaffeineorsomething." I mumbled.

'Caffeine? What, are you eight years old? Caffeine doesn't affect you anymore. Stupid.'

"Okay, well, I know you're lying. But If you don't want to tell us, you should've just said so."

Well, they saw right through that lie.

I was trying to think of something to say when Rachael announced that we had arrived at the photo shoot.

I quickly hopped out of the car and made my way to the entrance of the large, warehouse style building. The rest of my band trailed behind me but I still overheard their conversation.

"What was that all about?"

"I don't know. He seems like he's hiding something."

"He's been acting a bit strange these past few days but I don't know what's wrong."

"Maybe one of us should talk to him later?"

"Yea, that would be a good idea. I'm really worried about him."

The only person's voice I didn't hear was Ash's. As I approached the door, I looked at her reflection in the glass as they all came up behind me. Her eyebrows were knit and she was staring at the ground.

'Great, now you've annoyed her. Better think of a way to leave the band before you drive everyone nuts.'

As soon as we entered the building, we were escorted to different dressing rooms and had our hair and makeup touched up. Then, we met with the director of the photo shoot and were told what outfits to put on. We came out, took pictures with different poses, some alone and some as a group, then we were given different clothes to wear. This was repeated about five times until we were told we were done.

The whole time, we hadn't really talked that much like we usually did. Normally, we would be goofing around and being completely obnoxious, but that day, we were calm and did what we were told.

'Way to bring the mood down, idiot.'

After the shoot, we swung by McDonald's on our way to the radio station. Once we arrived, we met the host and other assorted staff members. I faked smiles, shook hands, and laughed when necessary. I felt like I was a puppet being controlled by a puppet master. Doing the things I was supposed to do, never once breaking out of the norm. It was like performing a skit with the same old song and dance; literally. I didn't want to feel that way and I knew I shouldn't because of how much worse other people have it, but I just couldn't knock the voices of my bullies out of my head. They had probably moved on with their lives; forgotten all about me. But one thing's for sure, I think their words will always affect me no matter how hard I try to forget them.

0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0/0

(A/N:)

Well here's another sad one, sorry guys. I have a French take home test I should be doing but here I am...wattpadding. Haha that's a new one.

What language do you take in school? I (obviously) take French.🇫🇷😛

Okay I'm done being weird for now haha thanks for reading I love you all!! Vote, comment, and follow me please!!

Bye, y'all!

~T🚨🐇