Chapter 2

This chapter is edited

______________________

Waterfly's POV:

"Greetings, Waterfly." Stripeleaf meowed gruffly. The striped medicine cat of Monsterclan sat by the Starcave with his apprentice Jaypaw.

"Stripeleaf." Waterfly returned the greeting with a dip of her head. Nutpaw stood behind her. This was his first half-moon meeting with the other medicine cats. "Go talk with Jaypaw." Waterfly murmered to her apprentice. Nutpaw nodded obediently and trotted over to Jaypaw, glad to have something to do.

As Watersplash, Magiclan's medicine cat, trotted up to them, Waterfly dipped her head at her fellow medicine cat. "Hello Watersplash."

"Greetings Waterfly."

Stripeleaf grunted and meowed. "Lets go, the moon is at its highest point." He stood up and entered the cold Starcave without looking behind him. Jaypaw followed hesitantly and Nutpaw waited next to Waterfly.

"Time to officially become a medicine cat apprentice." Waterfly smiled encouragingly at her apprentice and the young tom nodded, flashing a small smile back up at her.

Watersplash had already stood up and followed Stripeleaf so Waterfly and Nutpaw had to run to catch up to the other medicine cats.

When they entered the cave, a stone came into view and the medicine cats circled around it.

Waterfly started with her ceremony. "Starclan, I bring to you my apprentice, Nutpaw." she turned to the brown tom. "Are you ready?" He nodded. "Then press your nose against the stone." The tom obeyed and pressed his nose against the shining stone. He grew still and his breathing slowed.

Stripeleaf meowed. "Jaypaw, you have completed your medicine cat apprentice training. You have earned your full medicine cat name."

Jaypaw beamed with pride and grinned.

"Jaypaw do you promis to uphold the medicine cat come, to protect and heal your clanmates even at the cost of your life?"

"I do."

Stripeleaf smiled faintly. "From know on, you will be known as Jaywhisper. Let Starclan guide you for moons to come."

"Jaywhisper! Jaywhisper!"

Now, the other medicine cats pressed their noses to the stone and woke up in their separate dreams.

Waterfly woke up in a dream. She looked around Starclan territory and sighed happily.

She spotted Wildstar stepping towards her and greeted the Lightclan leader with a flick of her tail.

"Waterfly. I have a prophecy for you." Wildstar meowed urgently, not returning the greeting. "When darkness falls upon the light, a cat made of pure silver shall rise and defeat evil once again."

Waterfly stared in confusion and she opened her mouth to say something but not a word escaped her mouth. "But.." she managed to mutter, however, everything was starting to become a blur and she soon woke up beside the stone, shivering and shaking.

"What does this mean?" She whispered shakily. 

Stripeleaf was already awake and he muttered. "What does what mean?"

Waterfly shook her head. "N-nothing..." When Nutpaw woke up, she left the Starcave without another word and fled to Lightclan territory to talk to Skystar.

__________________________________

Skystar's POV:

"Skystar! Skystar!" She heard Waterfly come crashing into her den and she sat up quickly, shaking away loose bits of moss from her white pelt.

"What is it?" Skystar jumped up and nearly bumbed into Waterfly. The medicine cat was panting and her eyes were stretched wide.

Waterfly took a deep breath and slowed her breathing, looking back up at Skystar, who was waiting patiently. "In the Starcave... I was given a prophecy."

Skystar pricked her ears when Waterfly said that. "Prophecy?" Could it be the one about the cat made of silver?

"'When darkness falls upon the light, a cat made of pure silver shall rise and defeat evil once again.'"  Waterfly meowed.

Skystar sighed. "Jumpingstar told me the same prophecy too. I do not know what it yet means but I think it has something to do with Silversplash."

The medicine cat nodded thoughtfully and Skystar wondered wether Waterfly was going to answer or not. Finally she said. "I think so too."

"Why don't we ask her?"

Waterfly replied softly. "If you want to. But I think we need to investigate further before telling her in case she isn't the one."

Skystar shook her head. "We should tell her anyway. She is my friend."

"But what if she isn't the cat." Waterfly argued stubbornly.

"She has to be! Do you see any other silver cats in the clan?" Skystar replied, her tail twitching in irritation.

Waterfly nodded slowly but still insisted. "Don't do it Skystar. Do not rush to a conclusion until you are sure Silversplash is the cat from the prophecy."

Slystar considered what Waterfly said and was about to answer when there was a loud yowl from outside. Skystar raced past Waterfly and burst out of her den, nearly falling out of the HighTree. She quickly climbed down and sprinted into the elders den where the yowl had come from.

When Skystar burst through the emtrance, she was greeted by Lightclan's only elder, Poppyfire. The old she cat was growling at Mousepaw, blood dripping from her tail. "What happened?" Skystar demanded in a low voice.

Mousepaw spoke first, the scared little apprentice was shaking uncontrollably. "I- I was just.. just trying t-to take a t-tick o-out of Poppyfire's.. t-tail and I accidentally bit her t-too hard..."

After Skystar heard Mousepaw's side of the story, she glanced at Poppyfire, who nodded with a sour expression.

By now, cats were crowding at the entrance and Whitetail was having trouble containing the clan and calming them down. Where was Darkfur to help calm everyone down?

Suddenly, another yowl sounded outside and Skystar sighed. "What else can go wrong?" She padded outside to see Fluffystream's patrol pad into camp, carrying a limp figure on their backs.

Gasps of horror swept through the clan and Waterfly was at the scene immediately with Nutpaw by her side. Skystar couldn't see anything as the clan was gathering thickly around the injured cat.

Finally, Skystar was able to see the already dead cat at their paws.

_______________________________