Chapter 21

Chapter 21:

*2 moons later*

Skystar's P.O.V:

"Mousepaw, Bumblepaw, Fernpaw. Step forwards." Skystar called.

The three eager apprentices jumped forwards and sat at the base of the Hightree. Skystar jumped down to stand beside them.

"Bumblepaw from this moment on you shall be known as Bumblestrike. Starclan honors your quick thinking and bravery."

Bumblestrike rested his nose on Skystar's shoulder and she returned the gesture with a lick on his head.

"Fernpaw from this moment on you will be known as Fernpelt. Starclan honors your hunting and fighting skills."

"Mousepaw from this moment on you shall be known as Mousenose. Starclan honors your strength and swiftness."

When the ceremony was over, Waterfly padded out of the medicine den with Nutwhisker. Skystar's kit was made a full medicine cat last half moon when the medicine cats met up at the Starcave.

Skystar padded up to Waterfly and Nutwhisker. "Are you busy? We need to talk."

Waterfly shook her head and followed Skystar into the forest. Clearlight was no where to be seen.

When they sat down, Skystar meowed, "I think I know when the 'tiger' will attack."

"I think it's Tigerstar from the stories." Waterfly cut in. "Me and Silversplash talked earlier when I was locked in Starclan and we decided it was Tigerstar."

Skystar felt her heart stop. She had heard stories of the large tabby named Tigerstar but she had never seen him. She didn't want to meet him!! "That makes me feel a lot better!" she growled sarcastically. "Anyway, he might attack on the coldest and darkest night of leaf-bare!! When there's no moon and there's heavy snow!"

Waterfly's eyes went wide and she said. "That's in a quarter moon!"

"I must tell Tigerstar!" someone whispered and Skystar turned around to see Fluffystream, his eyes dark with worry.

"Fluffystream come here!" Skystar hissed but the young tom had already pelted away. Skystar sighed.

Waterfly muttered. "He must still be trained by them..."

Skystar shook her head. "What do we do? Tigerstar will now know we know its him and when we will expect him!"

Waterfly shrugged. "We must prepare now. They might attack as soon as they find out."

Skystar nodded and raced back to camp to call a meeting.

________

Clearlight's P.O.V:

"Let all cats old enough to catch their own prey gather beneath the HighTree for a clan meeting!!" Clearlight heard Skystar's call and trotted out of the dirt place tunnel to see the clan already gathered.

He took his place beside Waterfly and whispered. "What's the meeting about?"

Waterfly mumbled. "You'll see."

"Cats of Lightclan. I received yet another prophecy from Starclan saying the following words: 'When darkness falls upon the light, a cat made of pure silver shall rise and defeat the Tiger once again.' Waterfly and I have recently talked and we have a suggestion on what might happen." Skystar began.

Murmmers and hushed whispers broke out among the clan and Clearlight stared at Skystar.

"Why didn't you tell me!!" he whispered to Waterfly.

Skystar glanced in Clearlight's direction but turned away again and continued talking. "We believe that the the darkness is the Dark Forest and the light is Us. The silver cat is Silversplash. The tiger is believed to be the legendary Tigerstar. Yes he is real, and he is right above our heads. He has joined forces with my father Moonclaw to ambush Lightclan and kill us all. We also think that he is going to attack in a quarter moon, on the darkest and coldest night. Remember this is only a suggestion this may not happen but we must prepare!!"

Everyone once again started talking amongst themselves. Clearlight noticed Fluffystream sitting towards the back, not talking. He narrowed his eyes but quickly turned away as Skystar started talking again.

"Border patrols will be doubled. But we aren't just patrolling the outskirks of our territory. The Dark Forest will strike in the heart of our territory which means we will need regular guards outside camp and patrols to check the territory. Silversplash will explain the rest and send out patrols. Meeting ended!" Skystar jumped down from the HighTree and disappeared into her den.

Clearlight got up as well and followed Skystar. Why hadn't she told him about what was happening?! Does she not trust me?

__________