Chapter 5

Skystar's POV:

"Silversplash will remain deputy and there will be no further changes." Skystar announced to her clan. They didn't argue with her, but it was obvious they weren't all happy with her decision.

"What about Darkfur!" Fluffystream hissed suddenly from the crowd. "We should launch an attack on Monsterclan!"

"They've started a war!" Loveheart agreed with the thick furred tom, her ears flattened. "They'll pay for murdering Darkfur!"

"We can't go to war. Not now." Waterfly reasoned with a low growl. "Right now we must focus on keeping ourselves strong. Magiclan's threat is enough."

Skystar stared at her warriors as they argued about attacking Monsterclan. Now's not the time to think about war! We have to stay in our own territory. She yearned to join her warriors and order an ambush on Monsterclan's camp, but she couldn't risk more lives. Monsterclan was stronger than them, even when Lightclan had their powers.

"Enough!" The white she cat yowled, silencing her clan. "We will not launch any attack on Monsterclan. Not now. We will avenge Darkfur another time." Without another word Skystar leapt from her branch and dove gracefully into her den.

_____________________________

Silversplash's POV:

She shivered.

Silversplash was sitting in a shadowy forest. The floor was grey and the bare trees seemed to be alive, trying to claw at her everytime she got close to one. "Hello?"

A cat immediately answered her call, slinking from the darkness. "Hello." He had silver fur and blazing green eyes.

"Who are you?" Silversplash managed to utter as the strange cat advanced on her.

A twig snapped behind Silversplash and she spun around to see another cat with black fur and firey amber eyes.

Fear started to claw its way into her and Silversplash ended up trembling in fright as the two cats came only a tail length away.

"Who are you?" She whispered again, desperate for something to break the silence.

The black cat chuckled. "I'm Night and that's Moonclaw."

"Moonclaw?" She echoed in confusion. The name sounded familiar.

"Yes. I see your a friend of oh-so-special-Skystar." Moonclaw growled and unsheathed his claws.

Night grinned from behind her and nipped at her haunches. Silversplash hissed and swiped at him, leaving Moonclaw able to attack her unprotected side.

Silversplash cried out at Moonclaw and Night began clawing her from both sides. She raised her paws and flailed them to shield herself but none of her claws even came close to scratching either of the toms.

Suddenly, a sheet of water appeared around Silversplash and blocked the blows from Moonclaw and Night. What is this?

A vine coiled itself around the evil cats and threw them to the ground as if they were weightless. She squinted and looked at three shapes running towards her.

Silversplash glanced again at her wounds and felt a sudden wave of dizziness hit her. Then blackness filled her gaze and she passed out.

______________________________