Chapter 9

Chapter 9:

Skystar's P.O.V:

Skystar trotted through the Lightclan forest. Fear pricked her pelt as she thought of all the possible scenarios. She wished she had stayed at camp to help Clearlight reinforce the dens. She could have helped with her power. She was so so so stupid!! Why had she forgot that?

"Watch out!" Skystar heard Fluffystream's warning too late and she walked straight into a tree. She stumbled backwards and shook her throbbing head.

I've got to be more careful. She hissed at herself in annoyance and turned back to her small patrol made up of her, Fluffystream and Fernpaw.

"Sorry, I-uh.. I was lost in thought..." she turned away from the 2 cats and continued leading them around the Lightclan forest.

______

Silversplash's P.O.V:

"Mousepaw, Sparklingfish, Bluestorm and Slowsky come with me to hunt." Silversplash directed and lead her hunting patrol out of camp in a rushed trot.

As soon as the cat entered the best place for hunting, Silversplash ordered everyone to split up and look for prey.

She sniffed the air and caught the scent of a blackbird nearby. She followed the trail and saw the bird pecking at an ant hill.

Silversplash pounced and caught the bird in her claws. She killed it and sniffed the air for more prey.

_____

Clearlight's P.O.V:

"Bigstep, Fallowstream, Bumblepaw, Stormwhisker and Blazemoon come with me to gather leaves, sticks and anything else that will help secure the dens." Clearlight instructed and lead them out of camp.

The only cats left in camp were Poppyfire, Waterfly, Nutpaw and the kits.

When the patrol had gathered the supplies, the wind had picked up and was tugging fiercely at the trees. Clearlight took a shaky breath and shook his head.

"I want Bigstep and Blazemoon to do the medicine den and the nursery. Fallowstream and Stormwhisker to do the warriors den and elders den. Bumblepaw and I will do the apprentice's den."

All the cats nodded and set to work.

________

Waterfly's P.O.V:

"We need goldenrod!!" Waterfly yowled and raced to Nutpaw. "Go get some!!"

Nutpaw stood up but didn't move from his spot. "Waterfly, calm down. We have goldenrod right here." he pointed his tail at a pile of newly picked goldenrod from the morning.

Waterfly let out a small sigh of relief but quickly started getting worried again. "We're short of cobwebs too!! Oh, and pooppy seed!!" she gasped and grabbed Nutpaw with her paws and shook him. "We're gonna die!!!"

Nutpaw growled and shook himself out of Waterfly's grip. "We are not going to die!" he hissed. "I am sick and tired of your worrying! We need to stay calm and work as a team!! Look." He pointed at cobwebs and poppy seeds. "We have all the necessary herbs already in stock."

Waterfly looked away and let a single tear fall from her cheek. "I can't do this..."

"Yes. You. Can." Nutpaw growled. "Stop being so weak and get ready! There is a storm coming and we need to be ready!!"

Waterfly whispered. "You do it! I can't stand this stress! I am not capable of doing this." she stood up and ran out of the den, racing out of camp and into the forest.

_______

Skystar's P.O.V:

"Loveheart!!" Skystar gasped at the red furred she cat. "What are you doing here?"

Loveheart shook her head. "I cannot tell..."

Fluffystream narrowed his eyes at his mate and growled. He must have also smelled the cat scent on Loveheart.

Skystar mumbled. "It doesn't matter now, we need to get back to camp." She glanced at the swaying trees around her. They were barely staying in the ground! The wind was so strong now she had to shout for her clan matesnto hear her. "NOW!"

The patrol raced back to camp, Skystar leading it. Her heart pounded in her chest and blood roared in her ears. We're not going to make it!!

The wind was so strong now and rain had started pouring from the sky.

A groaning sound came from in front of the patrol and Skystar saw a tree begin to fall. It was heading straight for the patrol!!

"Scatter!!" Skystar yowled and ran to the right.

There was a loud crash as the tree fell onto the ground followed by a loud screech of pain.

________

Silversplash's P.O.V:

"We need to go!!" Silversplash yowled at her clan mates. Her patrol nodded, each of them carrying one piece of prey.

They ran back to camp, the wind roared loudly in the forest. Silversplash heard a groaning sound and glanced to her right to see Skystar's patrol. They were all staring at something and Silversplash followed their gazes to see a tree falling straight for them.

"Scatter!!" she heard Skystar yowl.

But Loveheart was frozen to the spot and the tree came straight for her. Silversplash dashed forwards and knocked Loveheart out of the way.

Now the tree was going to fall on Silversplash. Fear filled her and time seemed to stop. I'm going to die. The realisation hit her and Silversplash crouched down in fear.

She screwed up her eyes and waited for the terrible moment when the tree would fall on her and crush her.

But as the tree was moments from her pelt, Silversplash felt a small fire burned her from the inside out. She gasped and felt something grow on her pelt. What?

The thing spread and filled around entire body, covering her face until her vision was tinted with the colour silver.

There was a crash as the tree fell on her and Silversplash let out a loud screech. But, to her great surprise, Silversplash was not hurt.

She wriggled from under the tree and came out of the mess of wood. Then she stood up and glanced over her shoulder at her pelt.

It was Silver!!

________

Hi readers!

I kinda rushed this chapter... :/ but I hope it was good enough!! XD