Chapter 7

Chapter 7:

Clearlight's P.O.V:

Clearlight placed his paws lightly across the leafy ground as he lead the border patrol to the Magiclan border. Fluffystream, Whitetail and Bumblepaw flanked him.

He nodded to his apprentice when they neared the border. "Bumblepaw, can you smell any tresspassers?"

The brown tabby tom lifted his nose and smelt the air. He shook his head and smiled. "No scents."

Clearlight nodded as he sniffed the air too. He looked at the patrol and meowed. "Lets split up to mark the border and meet back here."

The 3 cats nodded and when their separate ways. Bumblepaw followed Clearlight.

As Clearlight marked the border, he caught a strong whiff of Magiclan scent and stood up straight, gazing into Magiclan territory. He heard voices from behind a bush.

"What-" Clearlight quickly covered his apprentice's mouth with his tail before crouching down and listen to the hushed whispers.

He heard 2 voices, they sounded young like an apprentice. He heard ine of the cats say. "I think he's seen us! We've got to go!"

The other whispered back. "No! We have to stay and fight. He's tresspassing!!"

Clearlight narrowed his eyes. "Who's tresspassing?" he playded dumb, knowing very well that they were talking about him.

The 2 apprentices stalked from the bush they were behind. One of them, a black she cat cowered behind a cream tom. The tom glared at Clearlight, his yellow eyes bright and battle-hungry. "You are!" the tom hissed.

Clearlight stood calmly and looked at where he was standing, then looked back up. "No I'm not."

The tom growled and stepped the closer, the she cat still stuck to his hind like a new born kit suckling from its mother. "You were about to!!"

"How did you know?" Clearlight nearly growled, finding it hard to control his anger from this aggressive little apprentice. He didn't know apprentices could have this affect on him!

He didn't realise Bumblepaw was still with him until he heard his apprentice hiss angrily at the Magiclan apprentices. "Bumblepaw, we are not here to fight."

The black she cat suddenly found the courage to hiss at Bumblepaw. "Yeah, Bumblepaw!"

That was too much to handle, Clearlight surged forwards and pounced on the she cat, digging his claws into her shoulder and nipping her ear.

The she cat shreaked in pain as Clearlight raked his claws down her back. The tom leapt at Clearlight but was bowled over by Bumblepaw who ripped his flank.

A yowl was heard and Clearlight looked up at Whitetail, his kit trotted over the border and dragged Clearlight off the apprentice. "Clearlight!" he growled.

Clearlight frowned, annoyed that the apprentice had to see him, a senior warrior, being told off by his kit!!

He jumped over to Bumblepaw and carried his apprentice off the Magiclan apprentice.

Once every cat was seated and on the right side of the border, Clearlight grunted. "Now, Bumblepaw and I will take these mouse-brained apprentices safely to their camp and sort this mess out with Rabbitstar. Whitetail, you go back to camp and tell Skystar."

Whitetail nodded and dashed off into the Lightclan forest, his tail streaming out behind him.

Clearlight growled and lead the Magiclan apprentices back to their camp.  The young tom hissed and said. "I can lead the way!" but Clearlight ignored him and stayed ahead with Bumblepaw bringing up the rear.

As the 4 cats neared Magiclan camp, a patrol confronted them, tails bushed out and fir bristling.

One cat growled. "They've captured Willowpaw and Woodpaw!"

Clearlight stiffened slightly. He didn't want a foght to break out and he and Bumblepaw were outnumbered. He meowed steadily. "Your apprentices don't know how to treat clan borders with respect. They were watching me from behind a bush and thought I was tresspassing when I was clearly in my side."

Woodpaw, the tom, growled, "But you were standing in Magiclan territory! Rabbitstar said that-"

The young apprentice was interrupted by Secretbee, the deputy. "Shh!" the tom hissed sternly and whispered. "Rabbitstar said it was a secret!"

Clearlight chose to pretend he didn't hear that and gave Bumblepaw a silent order to keep quiet. "Rabbitstar has not mentioned anything nor has he changed the scent markers which means that Lightclan still owns that stretch of grassland before the forest starts." he meowed, his voice tight.

Secretbee nodded and flicked his tail dismissively. "You habe safely returned our apprentices home. Now you must leave our territory. Or do you want to fight?" he gave a sly grin and unsheathed his claws.

Clearlight shook his head. "We will be off then." he stood and stalked away with Bumblepaw at his rear.

______

When they reached Lightclan camp, Clearlight was confronted by Skystar. His leader seemed to be waiting for an explanation on what happened with Magiclan so he lead his mate to her den and explained the while thing to her.