Chapter 17

Chapter 17:

Skystar's P.O.V:

Darkstar bowled her over and Skystar fell onto her back. She rolled out of the way as Darkstar raised his paws to slam them down on her but instead he hit the ground. Skystar jumped up and scored her claws across Darkstar'a side. Claws pierced her flank and she turned around to see a Monsterclan she cat dragging her away from Darkstar. She hissed and swiped the cat's face with her claws.

Skystar suddenly saw a large group of Monsterclan cats break away from Mousepaw and Sparklingfish and pelt deeper into the Lightclan forest in the direction of camp. She gasped but had no time to do anything as Darkstar bit her hind leg right to the bone. She screeched in pain and tugged herself away from Monsterclan's leader. She hissed at the she cat and Dakrstar as both cats stalked toward her.

Skystar raised a paw and shot thorns at the she cat's eyes. She sand coloured she cat reeled back in surprise and hissed as the thorns got stuck in her muzzle and face. Skystar turned to Darkstar and charged at him. She swiped at his shoulder but he dodged and bit her ear. She tried to swipe her paw across his front legs so that he tripped but he moved out of the way too fast.

She growled and threw herself onto Darkstar, pummelling his back his her hind claws and holding his scruff in her jaws. Darkstar rolled over so that Skystar lay underneath him and he clawed her exposed belly. She screeched and knocked the dark furred leader away with a strong back-leg kick. She got up, blood pouring from the belly wound she had causing a puddle of dark blood to form below her.

Skystar glanced at her hind leg to see the bone shining in the weak sunlight of the morning where Darkstar had bit her. She limped up to Darkstar who had gotten up and shook himself. "I can call off my warriors from your camp if you would just give me the territory!"

Blood stained Skystar's snow white fur as she glanced at it and then saw Mousepaw and Sparklingfish huddled together, their pelts thick with blood and wounds, as four Monsterclan cats circled them hungrily as if they were prey. Skystat looked back up at Darkstar and lowered her head. "Call off your warriors. The territory is yours." she mumbled.

"Good." Darkstar smirked and strode away. He disappeared into the forest towards camp. Skystar limped up to Mousepaw and Sparklingfish as the other Monsterclan cats dispersed and followed Darkstar.

"Are you ok?" Skystar whispered and helped the two cats up. Mousepaw had a nasty looking wound on his side and Sparklingfish had blood pumping from a deep wound on her head and shoulders.

Mousepaw slumped against Skystar's shoulder as she helped Sparklingfish up as well. "Let's get back to camp."

_______

Silversplash's P.O.V:

"Monsterclan ATTACK!" A voice sounded at the camp entrance as Silversplash padded out from the warriors den.

A huge patrol of Monsterclan warriors and apprentices crashed into camp. Silversplash gapsed in shock and quickly yowled to all the Lightclan cats to wake up and fight.

Lightclan warriors streamed from their dens, their eyes still tired from sleeping and leapt onto the Monsterclan warriors.

Silversplash saw a couple of Monsterclan warriors run toward the nursery. Now is my time to try my powers! She concentrated on making her pelt silver and felt her fur change to silver. She grinned and lunged for the Monsterclan warriors, knocking them over so she could guard the nursery.

The two warriors charged at Silversplash and she easily dodged their blows. She jabbed her silver paw into one of their chests and smiled in satisfaction as the cat fell over in pain.

The other cat, a gray tom, hissed and jumped onto her back. Silversplash shook him of and his claws scraped her silver shoulder. The sound of claws again the hard surface made Silversplash cringe but she kept fighting, pushing the grey tom backwards into the brambles that surrounded camp.

"Monsterclan! Back to camp!!" The voice of Darkstar sounded. "They've had enough."

Silversplash sat down and let her pelt turn back to normal. She was panting but other than that, she was unharmed.

______