Chapter 25

Chapter 25:

Skystar's P.O.V:

Skystar heard the battle screeches coming from camp way before she got there.

She ran into camp to see her Lightclan warriors fighting against cats with dark mist around them. Skystar imediately knew they were from the Dark forest.

But they were meant to attack on the coldest day of leaf-bare! Skystar wailed in her head. This is what they's been waiting for... when all the warriors are out of camp. Did Magiclan know of this? Did they join forces with the Dark forest to destroy Lightclan?

Before she could think of anything else, a huge smoky tom crashed into her. She sprawled on the ground and he hooked her paws from under her. Skystar fell on her already injured paw and grunted from the sharp pain that shot up her leg.

The smoke coloured tom sliced her exposed side and rolled Skystar over so that she lay on her back. But before he could claw her belly, she rolled away from him and reared up onto her hind legs to slam herself on top of him.

The cat reared up as well and they clashed together. The tom flipped Skystar over and she fell on her back again. She kicked out with her legs and caught the tom's neck with her claws. She held on until he struggled free and fled out of camp.

Skystar got up. Her legs were shaking from the effort of standing up and her white pelt was so blood-stained it would take forever to clean it..If she survived that long.

She saw a flash of silver fur inside her den and knew that it was Silversplash. She pelted toward her friend, dodging the Dark forest warriors with ease.

When she arrived by Silversplash's side, she could see no wounds. She narrowed her eyes, puzzled. "Silversplash?"

Silversplash didn't move. Skystar felt panic rise inside of her but she pushed it down. She lay her paw on Silversplash and felt her heartbeat. She was still alive. But for how long?

______

Clearlight's P.O.V:

Clearlight had just finished spraying the last clump of bracken at the border before padding over to go back to camp.

He saw Bumblestrike already waiting for him and Whitetail and Bluestorm totted side-by-side to join them.

"Shall we go?" Clearlight meowed.

Bluestorm nodded and Clearlight trotted away back to camp.

As they neared camp, Clearlight heard battle screeches sounding from camp. He started running.

They reached camp to see loads of Dark forest cats battling in a tight knot with LightLightclan warriors.

Clearlight saw Bumblestrike and Bluestorm plunge into battle imediately. Clearlight stopped Whitetail and meowed. "Let's help Bigstep guard the elder and kits."

Bigstep fought bravely against 3 skilled Dark forest warriors, his pelt spiked up in fear.

Clearlight saw Blazemoon's pelt as she hid Demonkit in her nest. Poppyfire was trying to push her way to help Bigstep but Blazemoon stopped her with a sharp hiss.

Whitetail nodded and dashed around the edge of camp to get to the elders den just past the medicine den.

Clearlight followed quickly and they made it to the elder's den without any problems. Whitetail leapt onto one of the evil cats Bigstep was fighting and Clearlight put on a burst of speed to hit the other cat with all his might.

He slammed into the tom and sent him flying. Then, Clearlight morphed into a badger. He jumped onto the cat, breaking his spine with ease.

He took a second to glance at his clan mates. He saw Waterfly locked in tight combat against a small she cat. A big tom trying to push his way into the medicine den but Nutwhisker fought him off with skills Clearlight never knew his son learned. Sparklingfish and Bumblestrike battled side-by-side, fighing off 2 identical cats with white fur. The rest was just a blurred to Clearlight as he realised he couldn't see Skystar.

Suddenly, he was knocked over. He swung his large badger-head over his shoulder to see a large silver tom on his back. His long claws peirced his skin and he hissed in pain. Clearlight realised it was Moonclaw.

Moonclaw yowled.  "Stolenwhisp!! Get over here!"

A strong-looking she cat trotted up to Moonclaw and grinned. She lay her paw on Clearlight and he felt something being sucked away from him. It felt like she was slowly and painfully pulling all of his hairs out. One-by-one.

He began to grow weak and felt himself changing back into a cat. He collapsed and started breathing hard.

Stolenwhisp finished doing whatever she was doing to Clearlight and smirked. "Thanks for the powers!!" she laughed evilly and disappeared into the fighting cats.

Clearlight tried to stand up or even call out to someone but he felt darkness take over and he fainted.

______