Chapter 3

This chapter is edited

_________________________

Darkfur's POV:

Earlier that day.

Darkfur pricked her ears for any sound of intruders on the Monsterclan border. She flicked her tail at Fluffystream and mewed. "No fresh scents here."

Fluffystream nodded and turned to get Sparklingfish and Mousepaw who were further down the border. Darkfur sat down and began cleaning herself to pass the time.

Suddenly, there was a weight on her back. The dark she cat gasped and twisted around to see a Monsterclan warrior clawing viciously at her back. "Hey!" She hissed at him, wriggling to dislodge him.

The warrior snarled and sank his teeth into the back of her neck. Darkfur shrieked and dropped into a roll, hoping to crush the cat under her weight. He only held on tighter, his teeth tearing at her flesh.

Now splayed on her back, Darkfur kicked at the air in an attempt to escape but her struggles quickly grew weak as she lost blood. Soon, she went limp and darkness took her vision.

________________________

Skystar's POV:

Back in the present.

"Darkfur!" Skystar cried as she stared at her dead kit. Clearlight appeared at Skystar's side and she looked up at him with tears in her eyes. "She's dead.." She whimpered.

Her mate sighed sadly and Skystar gazed around at her clan mates. Many cats were giving her looks of sympathy. She hung her head with a shuddering breath of grief. Starclan why? She was a good cat, a good deputy. We've lost so much. I've lost so much.

She dragged Darkfur's limp body into the centre of camp and helped Waterfly and Poppyfire prepare her for the vigil. Her tail dragged in the ground and her ears drooped.

Once Darkfur's body had been made into a sleeping position, the blood was wiped away and lavender was placed carefully on her wounds to give a nice smell, Skystar lay beside her kit and grieved silently. She didn't even realise she had spent the entire night there until she passed out at early sunrise.

_______________________________